Problem with leaves

I have had a problem with leaves basically since my fatalii germinated. I am wondering if it is calcium deficiency or something else. I planted them in the ground on May 22. One photo is from April 14 and the other is from today.

IMG_20170414_212411.jpg

IMG_20170525_150204.jpg

moruga welder said:
:welcome: !    cold nights 
Is this seriously the answer? It lines up with my observations this year but I'd never heard of it before.

My leaves did this a lot earlier in the summer.  All plants healthy now.

I've experienced varying degrees of wrinkling (You'll also note "edge curl", also mentioned many times in threads.) on many of my C. chinense plants, see below pic for the worst. I've read so many reasons/cures it made my head spin but I settled on vinegar and Dolomite lime=witches brew when I knew it wasn't insects. My observation was varying degrees of improvement so conclusion was YMMV. Other observation was plants produced fruit so my opinion is let it roll!

IMG_0752_zps80vbj46u.jpg

Gorizza said:
Is this seriously the answer? It lines up with my observations this year but I'd never heard of it before.

My leaves did this a lot earlier in the summer.  All plants healthy now.
yeah thats the answer ,  most members usually don't give a answer to a new comer ,  rule of them is
you  introduce yourself to the community first then hammer away !  so yes it is ,    :party:

Should I get any calcium?  Will I need it later?  Calcium nitrate, calcium acetate, calcium phosphate, or calcium carbonate?  What is the difference other than some are more water soluable?  I have a granular fertilizer (2-7-4) with 7% calcium (it has bonemeal in it) and fish hydrolysate (2-4-2) with 1% calcium, and Epsom salt.  Should I use them all the whole year or do I change it when they start flowering/growing pods?  I usually do 1/4-1/2 of the strength it says.  Should I water with tap water that has calcium carbonate and other stuff or use rain water?  They are in the ground.

Back