• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue?
    Then ask in Identification.

Problem

Hi. I have this plant but i have no idea what's wrojg with it and how to save it. The leaves are getting brown and they look wilted. What can i do?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20180328_192812.jpg
    20180328_192812.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 53
Give some info on what you got goin on. Like what nutrients you're using, soil, pot size maybe some closer pics of the leaves etc etc..

Thanks. For nutrients i use miracle gro the one you dilute it with water and the soil is miracle gro potting mix. I don't water it too much and it gets sun from 7am till around noon maybe

Attachments

• 20180328_195220.jpg
    20180328_195220.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20180328_195151.jpg
    20180328_195151.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 20180328_195133.jpg
    20180328_195133.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 57
I would definitely get it into a bigger pot. Maybe a magnesium deficiency too? Not sure. But repotting it into some fresh potting soil would definitely help.

I see. I will re pot it in a bigger pot with normal soil.

When you say light/sun does it mean direct sun? Cos that's the most sun it will get. However actually i managed to grow and get peppers the last 2 years with my other sun option of between around 1pm to 3-4pm maybe but they didn't give me a lot of peppers and took too long to ripen.

Does the miracle gro nutrient actually help? What is magnesium? Also, a friend of mine told me it's of because of the wind. Can it be that as well?

Another thing, when i re pot it, do i leave the current soil with it's roots or remove some of it?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm not good at this...i just like peppers :)

Plant doesnt look that bad to be honest the big leaves on the bottom half are just old and heavy. As long as your new growth towards the top of the plant looks healthy the plant is fine.

Could do with a bigger pot though, I would stick to the same potting mix since the plant is obviously growing well in it and yeah perhaps lay off the fertiliser a bit. New potting mix will likely include nutes anyway.

Again if the new growth looks good (looks fine to me but Im on my phone so pics are not big) I would avoid experimenting with nutes.. keep it simple :)

Back