Problems with Hot Portugal leaves

Hello,

I have two questions:

I´ve noticed some kind of edema on some of my Hot Portugal leaves (1th and 2nd pic). I´ve ignored the problem, because otherwise the affected plants seemed healthy and the problem didn´t show progression. Now, the edemathic spots are drying and eventually perforating (3rd pic). What do you think about this?

2. Some leaves on my plants are quite big now (like 4-5"), some are even twisted upside down (4th and 5th pic). Should I clip those big leaves and if yes, right next to the stem?

Thanks for the advice!

10082011873.jpg

10082011875.jpg

10082011876.jpg

10082011880.jpg

10082011882.jpg

D, I have notice similar spots to your first two pics after giving plants a foliar spry with the ingrediants not being mixed well enough. Have you done any foliar lately?

Mike Good luck I think your plants look great!

D, I have notice similar spots to your first two pics after giving plants a foliar spry with the ingrediants not being mixed well enough. Have you done any foliar lately?

Mike Good luck I think your plants look great!

Thanks Mike,

yesterday, the postwoman also told me she liked my plants.... :)

Yes, I applied Ca in the form of foliar feeding, but the spots were there even befor that. By the way, it´s hard to see in the pics, but they are not just discoloration.....I can feel the edema with my fingers. I hope it´s nothing very serious. The plants are just starting to produce some peppers...

Do they ever get outside? Are they exposed to direct sun light?
At that size pods will slow down the growth of the plant's structure.

Do they ever get outside? Are they exposed to direct sun light?
At that size pods will slow down the growth of the plant's structure.

Hello,
I live in an apartment so they never get outside but are exposed to direct sunlight, they are right at the windows.

My original plan was to pinch the early buds till the plants get to 2 feet. My other two varieties got to that without budding, but all of my Hot portugals are just 1.2-1.5 feet and budding.I know that the pods will slow down the growth, but I´m afraid, if I pinch the buds now, I won´t get much till the end of my season....

Back