• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment Productos Marin - Habanero Salsa?

So my parents came home from vacationing in Mexico earlier today, and they brought me back a few souvenirs. They had also bought me a jar of some peculiar sauce I had never seen or heard of before:

http://www.yucatanproducts.com/products_chiles_and_salsas_kutmarin.php

^That.

I've never heard of the brand, but from what I can gather reading the label and seeing the sauce's color and consistency, it somewhat reminds me of El Yucateco's Kutbil-lk XXX Mayan Style Habanero Sauce. I am very tempted to open the jar and try it out, however I cannot find ANY place online that sells it except for that website mentioned above. Matter of fact, the site doesn't even sell anything online, they simply list their products and have a "contact us" form. It appears that getting a hold of this product is extremely difficult if you do not live in Mexico, and I am therefore hesitant to try it out because if it turns out to be REALLY good, then I'll be looking for more without having a good way to buy it. So yeah, I'd like to know a few details about this sauce IF anyone is familiar with it:

- how hot is the sauce? (El Yucateco's Kutbil-lk XXX sauce is about 10,000 scoville units)

- is it anything like the Kutbil-lk sauce in terms of taste?

- is it just me or is this sauce really that hard to get a hold of outside of Mexico?

I really don't plan on opening the jar unless I know a bit more about it. Thanks!

It looks like they have some other interesting products as well. Make sure to post a review when you finally decide to pull the trigger!!

Back