• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Progress after 6 weeks outside

Finally!! after being outside for roughly 6 weeks, they are starting to grow and bud up/flower. I was thinking the plants should be larger at this stage? Any feedback is greatly appreciate. I have 20 black fabric containers (7 gallon) and 20 different varieties of peppers courtesy of White's Hot Peppers. 

Attachments

• hot pepper plants.jpg
    hot pepper plants.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 85
  • pepper plant 2.jpg
    pepper plant 2.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 71
They look really healthy. I’ve had mine out for about ten weeks, which is pretty early for here, have pods on hopefully ripening soon. Should be good, Your average first frost date is at least three weeks past mine.

I made my own medium using top soil, compost and peat moss...added perlite as mulch a few weeks ago. It was my first time experimenting with making my own medium. Fertilizer used is Jobes tomato fertilizer. I added epsom salt to the soil a couple weeks ago.

jodom said:
I made my own medium using top soil, compost and peat moss...

Not a big fan of soil based potting media. Your plants look good...

"I was thinking the plants should be larger at this stage?"  Plant size is determined by many  factors including genetics as some grow tall & lanky while others a bit shorter & bushier.. What are you growing?

these are all Chinense varieties shown...20 different ones. I have them labeled by number so I have to decipher the codes haha. I appreciate the feedback. These plants really took off within the last 3 weeks. all buds/flowers, no fruit yet. Any idea how long the fruit takes to ripen once the flowers fall off?

Fruit doesn't come when flowers fall off. The fruit grows from the flower. If they are flowering you should be seeing pods soon. Don't worry too much about the size just keep them happy and see what they do

Oh and something I have been doing is checking under the pots for earthworms and putting them in the pots as I find them. I did this last year and the plants/fruit was amazing!

jodom said:
Oh and something I have been doing is checking under the pots for earthworms and putting them in the pots as I find them. I did this last year and the plants/fruit was amazing!
I'm always afraid the roots have gone through the bag into the earth, so I dont pick mine up

Back