• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Project Orange

I'm working on my seeds list for the summer of 2013. I am interested in growing orange (when fully ripe) peppers only. A good friend of mine down in Texas shaves his head into a mohawk and dyes it bright orange in support of their very, very small high school football. In honour of a 40 something man who is brave (silly?) enough to wear an orange mohawk every fall, I'm planning on making an orange powder he will never forget. Perhaps it will regrow that hair a bit faster as well.

Orange Habs are already in... as well as orange 7 pots once I can get some seeds.

What other varieties of very hot/super hots ripen to just orange? Something blindingly bright would be nice.

I plan on turning on the dehydrator very, very low to try and keep the color as much as I can.

Suggestions and comments welcome. :)

Make sure to cut the peppers and deseed and scrape the membranes out, for your bright orange, or the white will tone it down.

Orange Thai peppers - I'm growing them for the first time this year. They're not superhot, but their pictures look purty and perhaps they would burn a little different than some of the superhots so you could hit people from all angles

Back