• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Proud Pappa!

Brought in another 18 lbs. of peppers from the hoophouse today. Basically harvested anything that had a hint of color. There might be one more harvest out there if I can keep it from freezing this week.

Now into the brown paper bags you go!!!
319692_2394171727944_1060450402_2795493_21796429_n.jpg

Looking good dan. Glad your harvests have been so plentiful. Now that my year of pack and try is over, next year less plants getting more room(hopefully more pods) and only 2 or 3 new ones to try, but they will be 2 or 3 plants each not 10-15

Don't know about you guys in Harrisburg but we got a hard freeze last night here in the mountains. I'm going to let the candlelantern go in the hoophouse until about noon today. I'm really hoping to squeeze one more batch out this week.

I pulled up everything in the uncovered bed but I'm going to let it roll through this week and see what happens. If I get some more cool if not, I'm happy with the way this season ended. I'm probably going to pull the hoophouse plants at the end of the week and hang them in the shed to see what happens.

Consolidated bags again and now can't see the table again. I'm amazed how many are still ripening in the bags. Two more bags left to ripen and then the final harvest of pods from the hoophouse. Looks like this is the final week of my 2011 growing season. Then it is just deseed, freeze and COOK COOK COOK!!!!!

317702_2407780188147_1060450402_2806137_1853166208_n.jpg

I'm really happy to see my larger Rocotos and some other Pubescens have ripened in the bags as well.

Couldn't help but noticing the knife in one pic. Brings back horrid memories of not scrubbing the handle of said knife and suffering even more dearly the next day when I used it for something else and forgot. Ahhh the burn...

The growing season of 2011 is officially over!!! Always kind of sad but after the headaches and heartbreaks from this season, I'm partially happy to see it end. There are now three large grocery bags FULL of ripening pods and plants hanging in the shed. Time to rip down the hoophouse and pull plants.

Now to start planning out 2012!!!

:dance: :woohoo: :onfire: :dance:

I'm smack dab in the middle of the state right outside of State College, PA in Mifflin County. We did have some good warm days in the beginning of the week and now cold and windy. I'm glad I did the whirlwind harvest of green pods yesterday since the wind took the remainder of the hoophouse this morning.

My uncle lives in state college. Had season tickets for 25 years. Sad days for that place. I am a tad north of Pittsburgh. Everyone in Pa is too far away from me.

Yeah, there are some sad days ahead of us but Old State will fight on. As a two time PSU Alumni (Bachelor's and Master's degrees) I still strongly support my school but not certain personnel..... :(

Really happy that I've been able to finish ripening some of my Pubescens inside. With the amount of flower drop this summer, I didn't think I'd get any pods at all.

CAP 1482
375390_278761785499282_206163169425811_765857_435401032_n.jpg

Back