• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pruning leaves

I see. I did add Epsom once because I though they needed the magnesium and the sulfur. But Ive never done ph tests or the like. I remember another reason I red to prune some leaves was to thee peppers easier in the foliage. But as you said, first grow and learning a lot as I go. Its definitely made me realize I would do some things differently next time. I had been battling a squirrel with my zucchini too for the the past month, so its made my research slow down on my peppers lol

NoobGrower said:
I see. I did add Epsom once because I though they needed the magnesium and the sulfur. But Ive never done ph tests or the like. I remember another reason I red to prune some leaves was to thee peppers easier in the foliage. But as you said, first grow and learning a lot as I go. Its definitely made me realize I would do some things differently next time. I had been battling a squirrel with my zucchini too for the the past month, so its made my research slow down on my peppers lol

5 years growing and still learning. actually, just scratched the surface this year.

CAPCOM said:

5 years growing and still learning. actually, just scratched the surface this year.

Btw, speaking on water...I am not sure how well I will be able to do the method you described with watering (getting rid of chlorine). It is a community garden I belong to, and I do think the water isn't like tap water, though (Ive been told not to drink it).

all this being said, do most people (or just you) do a "simulate rainwater by showering up on onto the leaves", or a "around the base of the plant"? 

NoobGrower said:

Btw, speaking on water...I am not sure how well I will be able to do the method you described with watering (getting rid of chlorine). It is a community garden I belong to, and I do think the water isn't like tap water, though (Ive been told not to drink it).

all this being said, do most people (or just you) do a "simulate rainwater by showering up on onto the leaves", or a "around the base of the plant"? 

I water the base when I water unless I am foliar feeding.
If your community plant site has a water source, it may be a well. I would have it pH tested to find out where you stand in that area. Pepper plants prefer an acidic environment with medias and watar/feedings at around 6.2 - 6.4 during the growth phase and then 6.3-6.5 during heavy pod production or end of season.
Unfortunately for some, pH is the biggest issue as it can cause the plant to simulate nutrient issue where there really are none except the plants ability to uptake and use them. 

Back