• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Pumpkins and two melons planted.

Got Atlantic Giant( Germinated),Howden,Big Moon,Winter Luxury ,Gurney Giant Magic( Name deceiving and germinated) Galeux d'Eysines ( first to germinate this year). And the two melons is Honey King and Tiger.

Kevin

I planted 4 Atlantic giants, and they all died in my move to Texas.:(

I've always wanted to grow the Tiger melons. If you're successful with your harvest, I'd love to trade for some seeds.

I wanted to grow Galeaux d'Eyesines this year. While at a very crowded seed exchange this winter, I was at a vendor who was selling those seeds, but in the madness, forgot to pick them up. I'm growing Queensland Blue instead. I would LOVE photos when they ripen, maybe one of the pumpkin cut open to show the flesh. And seeds come fall of course.

origamiRN said:
I planted 4 Atlantic giants, and they all died in my move to Texas.:(

I've always wanted to grow the Tiger melons. If you're successful with your harvest, I'd love to trade for some seeds.

I will see what I can do for ya. I have heard different stores on this one. A lot of it depends on climate so I am not sure how they would do here. If things go well I would be happy to send ya some seeds.

Kevin

Sorellina said:
I wanted to grow Galeaux d'Eyesines this year. While at a very crowded seed exchange this winter, I was at a vendor who was selling those seeds, but in the madness, forgot to pick them up. I'm growing Queensland Blue instead. I would LOVE photos when they ripen, maybe one of the pumpkin cut open to show the flesh. And seeds come fall of course.

If things go good I could send ya some seeds. And will be sure to post pics.

Kevin

I started a couple Atlantic giants in memory of Howard Dill and I gave away a tonne of seeds to my neighbour who is growing a huge patch. I was going to start some tiger melons again this year, but I have no more room in the greenhouse:(

I planted about a week ago so most should be up by Monday. I do also have a winter squash originally from Japan.Kabocha (sp) makes it's debute in my garden this year.Have a couple others too not yet planted this year.Lots of good stuff if only nature would let things dry out long enough.

Kevin

texas blues said:
Wow..that'd make an IGG sized pumpkin ale!

Cheers, TB.

I'm going to do that. I'll ferment in my glass fermentor a Imperial Pumpkin Ale, then use the pumpkin as the secondary fermentor (stick the beer actually in the pumpkin) ;)

We're actually trying to break the world record this year for pumpkin size.

Galeux d'Eysines is doing real good. Three planted in one cup and all of them are up. Tiger melon are also up now. So far I have one very healthy Atlantic Giant and the Gurney Pumpkin has one nice healthy plant as well.

Kevin

Back