• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

pure habenaro by southwest specialty foods

there were 3 choices habenaro jalapeno and cayenne.
I took home the hab
Inredients are habenaro pepper salt and vinegar.
A full tablespoon and here is what i found.
it is a little on the salty side with a good hit of vinegar and good flavor of habenaro .
heat is what you would expect from a hab .
I give it a full 10 out of 10 as it is what it says "pure habenaro"
I will pick up the cayenne and jalapeno next time i get to the store .
they use red savina.
thick like ketchup

where can I buy " Wishbone Salad bottle " pure hab sauce so I can review it???
The Pure habenaro sauce you speak of I assume is home made and the sauce I reviewed is available at stores and mailorder .
Now this forum has a place called hot sauce/salsa/snack reviews and discussion and I post reviews of sauce I can buy so other chiliheads can get an idea of what to buy when they go to a store or online shop where commercial sauces are sold.

now the term "pure" may mean a few things in a review and to me any sauce that says pure means that there is only 1 kind of pepper used to make it.
I am not sure of the shelf life of your wishbone sauce if there are no salt or vinagar to preserve it .
shayne

I am not sure of the shelf life of your wishbone sauce if there are no salt or vinagar to preserve it .
shayne

Shayne,

To be honest, neither am I. It has been sealed since I made it and I have no doubt that once opened it will have to be refrigerated.

It was one of those things a newbie does - I had dozens of peppers and figured I might as well use them to make something.

wordwiz said:
I had dozens of peppers and figured I might as well use them to make something.

That is what it is all about.
Making sauce and trying things .
I have made my share of sauce and some were ok and most were not but growing and trying new peppers is fun .
what do you grow??

shayne

Back