• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

purple nagga

I recently started growing a couple purple nagga seeds they have both sprouted and the leaves and stem are all purple I was wondering if anyone has grown these and might have a picture I can't find anything on the internet

The C. annuum one or the C. chinense "Purple Bhut" type one?

I grew the C. annuum one last season...

IMG_4388.jpg

If I recall correctly, I think the leaves started out purple but eventually they started growing green.

The Naga Jolokia Purple @ Pepperlover.com

Check this out:

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/24970-purple-bhut-jolokia-seeds-sasbe-offer-first-5-takers-10-seeds-closed/page__p__505553__hl__purple+naga__fromsearch__1#entry505553

Superhot that pepper looks totaly different than the one on pepperlovers site those purple pods are awesome that's what I want. Any suggestions.

The leaves on my young plant were purple, as far as i know it is a chinense. The leaves are more green now though.
Still no buds.

The naga jolokia purple has been around forever and is quite a dissapointing annuum in my opinion and has no relation to the C. chinenses variety. There is also purple bhuts and/or naga C. chinenses. Remember that naga is a place in India and Jolokia just means pepper/chile. There are several different jolokias(chiles) from nagland called naga jolokia which confuses a lot of people

Superhot that pepper looks totaly different than the one on pepperlovers site those purple pods are awesome that's what I want. Any suggestions.

Chris is the one you need to talk to, that's where I got my seeds from.

The naga jolokia purple has been around forever and is quite a dissapointing annuum in my opinion and has no relation to the C. chinenses variety. There is also purple bhuts and/or naga C. chinenses. Remember that naga is a place in India and Jolokia just means pepper/chile. There are several different jolokias(chiles) from nagland called naga jolokia which confuses a lot of people

It seems as though most names of the original Naga types are in fact the names from where they came from… towns/provinces of India.

Back