• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Purple Pepper

Wondering if anyone out there has ever seen a pepper thats a lighter shade of purple, about 1/2" to 3/4" long mature and the foilage is roughly the colour of a Japanese Maple tree. I've never seen this and they were a gift to my mother from a fellow gardening friend that also received them as a gift. Even the flowers on them are purple in colour. The story goes that the original owner let them go to seed last year in the plastic pot and they came back this year with a vengance.
I'm pissed as my Bhut's and 7 pod along with Scorpion aren't doing much of anything....and heres an example of a pepper that grew basically hads free.

could be a purple prince post some pics -- sometimes the best thing we can do for our plants is leave them alone

I'll pop over there in the next few days again and take a pic. Question is I've never posted a picture and don't know how...

if they are Purple Tigers, when fully ripe the pods will be red...I grew them a couple of years in a row because they were pretty but they tasted like dirt to me...

sounds like black pearl or black prince. they are semi-ornamental. this is why they need so little care compared to other strains. i'm having the same problems with my nagas and 7pods. i think i'm just running out of patience!

Unfortunately I only have a work computer and not certain if it does that, not to mention I've never done anything beyond an attachment. Not good at this computer stuff, rather play in soil.

I couldn't quite figure out how to post a pic other than as a link, either. Posted that in a different thread. At least I've got a server I can upload to, but what do people do when they don't have one? Are they just SOL?

Thanks - that's a good thing for a newbie to learn. Is that posted somewhere (like in the intro thread) and I just missed it?

Here is the thread on THP dealing with adding photos to posts:

CLICK ON THIS LINK

To get the most from forums on the internet, learn BB code. It is not hard, it is simple "tags" that tell the server running the forum software to do certain things in your post.

Back