Purple UFO (C. annuum) - SASBE Offer - OFFER CLOSED

This is a new one for me this year. REALLY NEAT looking pods that start out dark purple and transition to red. It's a C. annuum produced by Sunny Border Nursery in CA. Oddly, these pods have an almost purple 'dye' inside them. Never seen anything like it. The way the pods produce on the plant is strange too.

First 10 posters here get 10 seeds. Rules are as follows:

1. Send me a self-addressed stamped bubble envelope

2. Include whatever amount of loose postage inside the envelope as it took to mail it to me. No metered postage can be used to send back the envelope. The USPS doesn't allow it. If postage is shorted, envelope will sit here until given the amount needed to send it.

3. Include return address label (or write return address on envelope).

4. Include ziplock baggie or coin envelope with variety name clearly marked on it.

5. Include a note with your THP user name and offer you're responding to.

6. Be sure to post on this thread to claim your spot. Then PM me for address if you need it.

7. Offer limited to U.S. members only.

IF YOU HAVE WON TWO OR MORE OF MY RECENT SASBEs IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS, PLEASE LET OTHERS HAVE A CHANCE AT THIS ONE. THANKS.

P1090782.jpg

I'm In - Thanks Again! :)

This is a new one for me this year. REALLY NEAT looking pods that start out dark purple and transition to red. It's a C. annuum produced by Sunny Border Nursery in CA. Oddly, these pods have an almost purple 'dye' inside them. Never seen anything like it. The way the pods produce on the plant is strange too.
Very interesting & unique sounding pepper! :cool:

Do you happen to have any pics of it in it's "purple" pod phase?

damm they look good email me lancecook@hotmail.com for address

First 10 posters here get 10 seeds. Rules are as follows:

1. Send me a self-addressed stamped bubble envelope

2. Include whatever amount of loose postage inside the envelope as it took to mail it to me. No metered postage can be used to send back the envelope. The USPS doesn't allow it. If postage is shorted, envelope will sit here until given the amount needed to send it.

3. Include return address label (or write return address on envelope).

4. Include ziplock baggie or coin envelope with variety name clearly marked on it.

5. Include a note with your THP user name and offer you're responding to.

6. Be sure to post on this thread to claim your spot. Then PM me for address if you need it.

7. Offer limited to U.S. members only.

IF YOU HAVE WON TWO OR MORE OF MY RECENT SASBEs IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS, PLEASE LET OTHERS HAVE A CHANCE AT THIS ONE. THANKS.

P1090782.jpg

"IF YOU HAVE WON TWO OR MORE OF MY RECENT SASBEs IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS, PLEASE LET OTHERS HAVE A CHANCE AT THIS ONE. THANKS. "

Great idea!

4 spots left now. I actually did not taste one yet. The purple dye in the inside of the pod makes me think twice. lol. It's just near
the placental tissue though.

Yes, purple flowers too!

Chris

I am interested but i live in Sweden, is it possible to paypal some money for stamps and envelop ?
Or just U.S.A?

//Oscar

Hey Chris, I'll take a spot on that one. Can't pass up a super cool cultivar like that! Hope the last spot is open, still!

-Karl

P.S., it almost looks like it has a bit of Chinense in it, too, don't you think? Also, aren't purple flowers a sign of Baccatum, as well?

Back