• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Purple veins, more Calmag or something else?

Long story short my plants were looking kind of sick they were puckered and lime green even yellowish in spots. After confering with you guys and doing research I believed it was due to a Cal deficency so I purchased some Calmag and Maxicrop seaweed and watered and BAM the next morning they all looked better especially the worse looking ones. Tonight I was looking and even though they look much better just more vibrant I noticed that the veins of the leaves were purple and the upper leaves on the Infinitys are still cupped and the newer leaves super small.

Notice the vien in the center of the leaf is purple they all have this to some extent is this a P or K deficiency

IMG_6283.jpg

Notice the top leaves if you can see them in the middle of the pic they are runts and rolled up and some of the bigger leaves are also cupped.

IMG_2327.jpg

IMG_3144.jpg

This Butch T looks better the top leaves are flatter around the edges and the leaves are more consistently green it had some yellowing, it has some purple veins but just barely.

IMG_6000.jpg

Now this Caribbean Habanero looks perfect to me but it has the purple veins.Still better after the Calmag and Maxicrop

IMG_6000.jpg

So I get that once the Cal is corrected that it won't show up til new growth comes but I wonder if I should give em some more or if they have another deficiency

I have no idea, are growing those inside or outside? Your soil looks nice and dry It looks like you are doing things good, hmmm.

What base fertilizer are you using? is it at 1/2 or less strength? Overfeeding can look just like the plant needs more food so one tends to keep fertilizing. You have flushed and tryed everthing?

I was thinking that leaf curl looks bad it looks like your new leaves have it. The veins are always there.

I have no idea, are growing those inside or outside? Your soil looks nice and dry It looks like you are doing things good, hmmm.

What base fertilizer are you using? is it at 1/2 or less strength? Overfeeding can look just like the plant needs more food so one tends to keep fertilizing. You have flushed and tryed everthing?

They are inside, they are experiments before I start my big grow on 2/18. I am using Fish 5-1-1
Earth juice Microblast, Maxicrop Seaweed, Calmag all @ close to full strength only lightly. I noticed they were all pucketed looking and in the light you could see that the green was thin in spots so I watered with Calmag and Maxicrop and they looked much better the next day but tonight I noticed the veins

The light is good but plants go through a transition where you need to switch lights dedicated for each stage smiliar to feeding regiment. Like I have a few that are starting to get the purple veins, but in the next weeks I will move outside or else I would switch to red bulbs or natural light color compared to the daylights I am currently using. Sorry I cant help you to much as this is only my second year growing and still learning.

Some of the pics including the second one showing new growth look to me as early signs of broadmite.

Hopefully time 10-20 days will prove me wrong but having lots of experience with this little beastie you may be in for a fight

You got to realise that of all the minerals plants use, there's two separate groups, mobile, and non mobile.
Mobile means the plants can move it around. it wants to grow, and if it's a mineral that is mobile, it will take it from an old leaf so it can use it to make new leaves and growth. So any deficiencies of mobile minerals show up in old leaves, and new growth is normal.
Non mobile means it can only use it if it's there at the time it needs it. Later on is no good. For example with calcium, it's non mobile, it won't be used within the plant to repair any currently damaged/deficient leaves, those leaves will stay as they are. Only tomorrows growth with get the benefit of the non mobile mineral, current leaves won't change.

The light is good but plants go through a transition where you need to switch lights dedicated for each stage smiliar to feeding regiment. Like I have a few that are starting to get the purple veins, but in the next weeks I will move outside or else I would switch to red bulbs or natural light color compared to the daylights I am currently using. Sorry I cant help you to much as this is only my second year growing and still learning.

These are 4100k should I go up or down ?

Sometimes we worry too much.

I am guilty of it too.

We love our plants to death.

Amen! Preach it brother ! Lol

Some of the pics including the second one showing new growth look to me as early signs of broadmite.

Hopefully time 10-20 days will prove me wrong but having lots of experience with this little beastie you may be in for a fight

I suppose it could be but everything was cleaned, it's an upstairs bedroom so I don't think so but perhaps ... I sure hope you are wrong

yo spanky dude,
the plants look pretty good

keep the lights as they are for a few weeks more
if it looks like the plants are burnt then lights too close

not too close yet

please keep doing as you have been and remain calm as willard suggested

stay the course you are looking ship shape

:stop:

edited for typo

yo spanky dude,
the plants look pretty good

keep the lights as they are for a few weeks more
if it looks like the plants are burnt then lights too close

not too close yet

please keep doing as you have been and remain calm as willard suggested

stay the course you are looking ship shape

:stop:

edited for typo

Thanks dude! Yea I'm not too worried these are test plants in preparation for my grow starting on 2/18 just trying to learn as much as I can. These plants will most likely stay inside until May or June if they can

I would hate to see you worried then. You have several thread with many question about these "inconsequential plants". When the important plants start you will drive yourself crazy.

Just enjoy your plants.

These are 4100k should I go up or down ?

Neither, leave them be. You're pretty much in the middle at 4100K but if you insist on getting new bulbs I'd recommend getting daylight (~6500K) for veg, and if you have a lot of bulbs on at once you might do well with adding some redder bulbs in to round it out (I'm using 2500K for that). Purple veins aren't a problem, if you start getting purple leaf spots that might be a sign that you have too much light on your babies.

I would hate to see you worried then. You have several thread with many question about these "inconsequential plants". When the important plants start you will drive yourself crazy.

Just enjoy your plants.

Lol ! So true but just trying to get the bugs out and a general routine down now so that hopefully when I start I won't have any questions .. Thanks again for your help and point taken ; )

Back