• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pyro-pod's 2011 Grow Ops

I've been locked in my own battle with spider mites the last couple weeks. The affected plants have been quarantined and thoroughly sprayed every few days and there doesn't appear to be any new damage on them, but a few of the ones that got hit turned a pale green and look stunted. I've found a little spider mite damage on a couple other plants too, but it might have been there before and I just didn't notice. Back out to spray again here in a few minutes. I would recommend you get one of those 1 gallon pump sprayers if you don't have one, it makes the job a lot easier. I got one for $8 at Lowe's.

To my horror yesterday I was looking at my black chokeberry/aronia plant and there is a small army of green aphids on it too. There were probably a few hundred on there packed like sardines in a tin can. :eek: There was a lady bug there eating them but he better bring some friends. Fortunately it's about 30 feet from any pepper plant and I'm seeing more and more lady bugs and assassin bugs every day.

I've been locked in my own battle with spider mites the last couple weeks........I would recommend you get one of those 1 gallon pump sprayers if you don't have one, it makes the job a lot easier. I got one for $8 at Lowe's.

Good luck with your battle, sir! I'll send some positive vibes towards the west.

As for the sprayer, I've got one of these Ortho things but I don't use chemicals on my plants, only Neem oil. Seems to work very well. I hosed mine down a just a few hours ago with it.

0728101816.jpg

So I've been watching my plants lately and I haven't seen any sign of the little bastards since I first hosed 'em. I also haven't seen any significant signs of recovery yet either. I was wondering if I should prune the distorted growth or just let it be?

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Enjoying some minor success this year, despite the cold spring and spider mites.

DSC00813.JPG

DSC00812.JPG

DSC00811.JPG

Even a few of the seedlings are producing ripened pods! :onfire:

DSC00814.JPG

My yield is probably going to be only 60% of what it was last year. Oh well, here's to 2012! :beer:

Back