• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Question about growing C. LANCOLOTUM

hello all

i have a question about growing C. Lancolotum

is it similar to C. Preatermissum in its care?? i hope so seeing i did so well with it this year, it was a monster and gave me lots of pods

i guess the main question really is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

does C. Lancolotum prefer a semi-shaded areas with only a little sun everyday?
i wanna put it in the same place i grew the C. Preatermissum was
is this ok or does C. Lancolotum need more light to flourish??

please if anyone can help let me know

thanks your friend Joe

Joe,, in my experience, the Lanceolatum grows like any other pepper!!
I grow all my peppers in full sun,,never had a problem!
If you had luck with your Praetermissum,,do the same!!

:cool:
Kevin

Joe,, in my experience, the Lanceolatum grows like any other pepper!!
I grow all my peppers in full sun,,never had a problem!
If you had luck with your Praetermissum,,do the same!!

:cool:
Kevin
thanks!!

your friend joe

i would love to hear from anyone who has ever grown it, and would love to see i pic if anyone has one

thanks your friend Joe

Tried to grow them last year, Joe, but no success on 6 tries of germination. I've read that they are quite finicky and difficult to germinate, often requiring weeks to a month to germinate. The seeds are really cool, though, almost like poppy seeds. Peppers look similar to Cumaris, little bulby berry-sized ones. Really long, pointy leaves like palm. Check this article out on them:

http://fatalii.net/growing/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=77&Itemid=96

Tried to grow them last year, Joe, but no success on 6 tries of germination. I've read that they are quite finicky and difficult to germinate, often requiring weeks to a month to germinate. The seeds are really cool, though, almost like poppy seeds. Peppers look similar to Cumaris, little bulby berry-sized ones. Really long, pointy leaves like palm. Check this article out on them:

http://fatalii.net/g...id=77&Itemid=96
thanks good article, maybe i should get them started now if they poke around that much

thanks your friend joe

C. Lancolotum is very very hard to grow... i have had several plants and no pods at all.. they need less sun than all other peppers and very long growing season...

I don´t have any problems growing C. lanceolatum.
The plants do not fruit in summer, because it´s too hot, but are flowering since about a month and now set fruits.
In summer I grow the plants in semishade and now put them in full sun.

C. lanceolatum pods, although very small, contain a number of seeds.
Only larger seeds are viable, where the sometime high degree of very small seeds doesn´t show any germination.
We therefore sieve our seeds.

capsicum_lanceolatum.jpg

Germination time can be very long and exceeding two months.

Peter

I don´t have any problems growing C. lanceolatum.
The plants do not fruit in summer, because it´s too hot, but are flowering since about a month and now set fruits.
In summer I grow the plants in semishade and now put them in full sun.

C. lanceolatum pods, although very small, contain a number of seeds.
Only larger seeds are viable, where the sometime high degree of very small seeds doesn´t show any germination.
We therefore sieve our seeds.

capsicum_lanceolatum.jpg

Germination time can be very long and exceeding two months.

Peter
thank you very good info, looks like im gonna have a house plant part of the year, its going into a pot so i can bring it inside in the winter, beautiful flowers too

thanks your friend Joe

I didn't find them super hard, but they are very slow growers to start. The seedlings themselves are incredibly small. They eventually hit a growth spurt and branch out. A beautiful plant and very different. The flowers are stunning. I found they seemed to germinate better with lower temps than C. chinense varieties thrive. They also are originally from a moist climate I believe. Taste wise, they are nothing exciting. :)

Joe, start them no later than January/early February to get a crop. good luck.

Chris

I've grow the C. Lanceolatum a few times, still have one that is 4 years old.
Like Chris mentioned they are very small at the start and slow growing but after a while they just take off,
the pods start to form around early Autumn & late Spring
I've noticed that they don't mind a more moist soil and less sunlight.
they don't like a hot climate either I grow mine in semi shade and always give them a good watering
otherwise no problems with them

I've grow the C. Lanceolatum a few times, still have one that is 4 years old.
Like Chris mentioned they are very small at the start and slow growing but after a while they just take off,
the pods start to form around early Autumn & late Spring
I've noticed that they don't mind a more moist soil and less sunlight.
they don't like a hot climate either I grow mine in semi shade and always give them a good watering
otherwise no problems with them
thanks i got the seeds from you now that i think about, im going to give them a try

thanks your friend Joe

Back