• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Question about my Hungarian Wax

Greetings Everyone!

I have a question about my Hungarian Yellow Wax. They're about 3 inches long but they
seemed to have stopped growing. They've been about the same size for about 3 weeks.
Shouldn't they be twice the size and starting to turn red? I've never grown these peppers
before. They were supposed to be Trinidad Scorpion Butch T's but that's what happens
when you buy internet seeds but I digress, Just mostly wondering if this is normal.

Thanks
Scottie

218129_4601066423248_1375683840_n.jpg

LOL butch t's... smh people have no shame..

If they are from a shady source they might be crossed so they might not grow to be full sized hungarian waxes

Hungarian Hot Wax start out growing upward (pointing to the sky) before gradually falling to the hanging position. Those look more like Wenk's Yellow Hots or Santa Fe Grande.

I agree with Jesse. I am growing both Hungarian Hot Wax and Santa Fe Grande, and those look exactly like my Santa Fe Grandes. Not only do the Hungarian Hot Wax begin growing upward before bending over when they get bigger, but they are significantly larger (mine are all 4"+), and are colored more greenish-yellow than white when unripe.

I like the Santa Fe Grandes both ripe and unripe. Either way, they make good poppers.

-Coot

@HotPeppas - Ummm, well, for your information, I do.

Anyway.....
I took this this morning, Bright Red now and so this is probably a Santa Fe Grande then?
Well, they were mystery seeds, so that guess is as good as any and if that's the case, this
thing isn't even remotely hot. Looks pretty though.

527306_4641846002712_1761065544_n.jpg

Back