• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Question about planter box size.

I got two pallet crates from work today that need fixed up. One is 34x36x17 deep and the other is 30x24x15 deep. Of my four plants that I tried to hibernate in the house over the winter two of them survived. I was wondering with the dimensions of both of these crates how many pepper plants I could put in each one and still have plenty of nutrients for a large size plant to produce a lot of peppers? My plan was to go with bigger buckets this year because the 2 gallon pots that Ive had them in every year restrict how big the plants get and how much they produce. Would the bigger of these two be enough to put four plants in or would that be pushing it?

Attachments

• 071245A5-2271-4C2F-8A27-3B71656D87B8.jpeg
    071245A5-2271-4C2F-8A27-3B71656D87B8.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 48
dragonsfire said:
Depends on the plants, some bigger then others.
One ghost pepper plant one habanero plant and whatever plants I purchased new to replace the dead ones most likely jalapeños or another habanero plant

Just looking at it in my eyes i'd do 4 taller plants (Ghost/ Jalapeno) in the one on the right and like 6 Habeneros (shorter/bushy) on the left, that would most likely give them a good amount of space.  so i don't think you'd be pushing it just make sure they are nice and deep beds with a good soil mix. Good luck cheers! 

BostonGhostReaper said:
Just looking at it in my eyes i'd do 4 taller plants (Ghost/ Jalapeno) in the one on the right and like 6 Habeneros (shorter/bushy) on the left, that would most likely give them a good amount of space.  so i don't think you'd be pushing it just make sure they are nice and deep beds with a good soil mix. Good luck cheers! 

Have to agree with my neighbor to the North. Tall plants in the narrow one, bushy plants in the wide one.

Back