• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

question about the aerogarden

Hey everyone

I have a question about the aerogarden. Ok I just bought one and I was wondering about using hydroponics nutrients in it than having to buy the tablets from aerogarden themselfs.

You could do either. I have a friend who is growing in of those and there herbs and plants are doing very well. You can always go online to a hydro site and buy'em Flora is one brand that is popular I just bought MaxiGro to try and if all works well then I will change to Maxibloom well... when its ready to bloom ;)

Im new to this as well trial and error is one way to find out too

LUCKYDOG said:
"Some people are like Slinkies: Not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs."

I'm going to have to steal this.

arkansaspepperguy said:
Hey everyone

I have a question about the aerogarden. Ok I just bought one and I was wondering about using hydroponics nutrients in it than having to buy the tablets from aerogarden themselfs.

You're a sucker for infomercials :lol:

My mother-in-law has one. Damn thing works like a champ. But, most pepper plants get bigger than the light and will have to be transplanted to dirt.

DevilDuck said:
My mother-in-law has one. Damn thing works like a champ. But, most pepper plants get bigger than the light and will have to be transplanted to dirt.

Do hydro plants take well to being transplanted to dirt? I ask because I would assume the roots become lazy in a hydro setup, waiting for the water to poor over them, where as in dirt they would have to search out for the water. Can anyone confirm?

DevilDuck said:
that's why they make the expanders.

DrHavanger said:
Do hydro plants take well to being transplanted to dirt? I ask because I would assume the roots become lazy in a hydro setup, waiting for the water to poor over them, where as in dirt they would have to search out for the water. Can anyone confirm?

From what I've seen, there's a 1-2 week "shock" period. After that, the roots remember what they're supposed to do.

Back