• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Question about Tomatoes vs Pepper

I Have a Large section of my Garden with Tomato plants, and if you ask me its a waste of space, I dont like tomatoes, well a few tomato plants got infected with something and died some are dying as I speak/type, well my question is, Can I just remove the Tomato Stock and plant Peppers without the Pepper plants getting some sort of Infection ?

Well you would think whatever is killing your tomatoes would also infect your pepper plants... Clean up the area that your tomatoe plants are in and plant acouple of pepper plants and wait and see what happens... Maybe nothing

Well I want to Transplant them to The Bed, Just that if they catch something Im screw
I think you answered your own question. Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, potatoes and tobacco are all nightshades. Most diseases that affect one will affect all. The only way to be sure though is to identify the thing that's killing your tomatoes and checking in with your county extension agent to see if it'll affect the peppers too.

I think you answered your own question. Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, potatoes and tobacco are all nightshades. Most diseases that affect one will affect all. The only way to be sure though is to identify the thing that's killing your tomatoes and checking in with your county extension agent to see if it'll affect the peppers too.

+1

+1

Im Not sure what is killing The tomatoes, I dont know much about the diseases
You could take a dead plant to the county extension agent and have it tested. It'll probably cost something but it'll answer your question. Better yet, get in touch with him (or her) and ask what's best to do at this point. They're up on the various pests and plant diseases in your area and could give some logical advice based on their experience. Cheers

Back