• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Question for all of you seasoned chili heads

Thanks for the advice Red. I'm taking my time on this challenge and deciding whether I even want to do it. I talked to the owner of the diner, he is a chili head and I asked him if he has done his own challenge. He told me he had about three of them and that was it. He didn't eat anymore. He said it's just insanely hot. Only way I really want to do it is if I could possably build up a tolerance first. I'm going to train for it like a marathon and if I think I can do it without having a rediculously horrible experience then I will give it a go. My original thought was I wanted to be able to walk in, do the challenge and then order another 10 and eat those too....lol I'm starting to think this will never happen that way.:flamethrower:

If you can eat 3 - 4 TS Butch T pods in a row without being overwhelmed, then MAYBE you're ready..

....maybe.

nice thoughts, but do you really want to subject yourself for a t-shirt? If the owner hasn't even done his own challenge...:crazy:

From what I've seen of things like the 4 Horsemen burger, that looks like it would at least TASTE good, then the heat.

Is there a Wall Of Flame of the challenge winners? Wonder how many have attempted and won?

Building up the tolerance is the way to go if you want to just walk in and slam-dunk it.

Keep us posted. :)

Yeah mate, screw extracts! Get a bottle of Skobiyan (THSC), and use half a bottle in your wing sauce, make it home-made. It will be exceedingly hot for almost everybody you can encounter.
Extracts will ruin your insides, and we don't eat chilli here, for doing physical harm, we do it for our love. Extracts is the cheats way, and they taste like crap - trust all of us when we say this!

oh I am sure. Every sauce I have tried since getting into this have been aunatural. I do my research. Salsalady...there are about 10 on the wall that have done the challenge and 100 that have not. Two video's on You Tube of someone doing them. The thing that gets me is...one of the guys that has done the challenge is one of my friends and he can't handle his chili's. He was over at my house one year while I was cutting up a habanero for my burger. I had a few sitting on the sill from the garden, ripening. He was like let me have one of those...they aren't hot....so I gave him one. He was crying for milk in 30 seconds.......oh well. I'm just going to go about my business of trying super hots and if I decide I want to try the challenge then I will. Other wise it's not that big of a deal. I just wanted to be the guy that ordered two batches.....lol....just my ego....nothing to worry about here....thanks guys and gals (salsalady) for all the responses.

See where your ego ends up the next day, (circling the drain)....
Just ribbing you.... LOL

You have to let us know how this thing turns out! I say go for it! but heed SL's advice; build up your tolerance! And most of all, have fun. If nothing else, you'll get the full experience with extracts...

I completed the wing challenge Salsalady was talking about (Lazienfat did too) and it was a horrible experience. The wing sauce had habanero extract in it and it tasted extremely bad. The stomach pain was much worse than any heat from the chile, and that can be attributed to the extract. Wasn't worth it IMO for a lousey t shirt.

Yeah...that's what I hear about the extracts. This is ghost pepper extract. I'm hoping my garbage can of a stomach helps me out in a time of need.....lol I'm still deciding if I'm going to do it. I think I will start out with eating some of these Bhuts, Black Nagas, yellow scorps, naga morich's and fratelli's that I got from Zander in the market. They came today..along with three sauces from JustaGuy. Sauces are amazing...haven't manned up to the peppers yet....
mouthonfire.gif

Yeah...that's what I hear about the extracts. This is ghost pepper extract. I'm hoping my garbage can of a stomach helps me out in a time of need.....lol I'm still deciding if I'm going to do it. I think I will start out with eating some of these Bhuts, Black Nagas, yellow scorps, naga morich's and fratelli's that I got from Zander in the market. They came today..along with three sauces from JustaGuy. Sauces are amazing...haven't manned up to the peppers yet....
mouthonfire.gif

Make sure you have food in your stomach first...or you will regret it. Enjoy the ride!
hell.gif

Thanks for the advice Red. I'm taking my time on this challenge and deciding whether I even want to do it. I talked to the owner of the diner, he is a chili head and I asked him if he has done his own challenge. He told me he had about three of them and that was it. He didn't eat anymore. He said it's just insanely hot. Only way I really want to do it is if I could possably build up a tolerance first. I'm going to train for it like a marathon and if I think I can do it without having a rediculously horrible experience then I will give it a go. My original thought was I wanted to be able to walk in, do the challenge and then order another 10 and eat those too....lol I'm starting to think this will never happen that way. :flamethrower:

How did your challenge go? Was it timed? Heat tolerence training for things like this is a VERY good idea! Your gut will hate you either way though lol :fireball:

I did a challenge like that a couple months ago. It was at a college bar and only 27 people had ever completed a dozen wings. A big group of us went there to give it a whirl. Well, seven tried and four including myself finished it. You should have seen the waitress' face when we all ordered them. She thought it was a joke. After word got out there was quite an audience around our table. The challenge was simple eat twelve wings in an hour. The sauce I knew at first bite was extract. Turned out to be Mad Dog 357 which is stupid hot and tastes awful. I just wolfed 'em down and prepared for the inevitable. I did get my picture on the wall and a t-shirt, but that's not why I did it. I was conned into it by my friends who all said "You have to do it! You're the pepper guy!" So... against my better judgement I did it. I was fine for about three hours and then IT started. First the horrible stomach cramps. Then about five trips to the bathroom sitting there in a cold sweat begging for the evil inside me to come out. Then, about ten hours after it started, it was all over. I would say I wouldn't do it again, but I have said that before and did it again anyway.

Oh, and 3/5 all extract is extract, it doesn't matter what pepper it comes from. In other words ghost extract is no hotter than habanero extract.

Back