• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Question on plant and bugs. Identify.

Been extremely busy and new to bugs and planting etc, these are how the leaves look on only a few and this is a picture of the little bugs that are on it. What are they? I know the picture is pretty bad but, any help and what to use to take care of the plants and future plants.

1011021_395719927215814_1165089648_n.jpg

1017284_395719587215848_1867823092_n.jpg

Looks like mites.  Definitely need to take action on that as they literally suck your plant dry.  Has it been dry there?  Can spray them off with water initially then use an application of neem oil every couple days or your pesticide of choice. I had success with using neem oil when I had an issue with them.

It's been very dry and hot 100+ weather every day. I have been working a lot finally quit all my jobs for 1 steady job and normal hours. I was inspecting plants, I went and bought neem oil, mixed with 2-3 drops of soap in a sprayer, sprayed all plants well. Will do so in the shade every few days. I sprayed a watermelon still growing but it had a catepillar a tiny one fall off of it too. Little bastards. I've never seen a catepillar here in my life then I plant a raised bed and tada baby ones appear.

Few things I am going to do, one is put cedar mulch on top of garden bed and remove any horrid plants that won't make it, then look into making a purchase of beneficial bugs later on to help combat the problem.

They seem to just crawl, they mess up plants fast, they haven't been there long. I noticed them, going to neem oil with soap drops every so often and see what happens. I might need to hit them with some catepillar spray too. B.T and see if I can kill it all off. Will take progress pictures.

Back