• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Question - Starting New Seeds?

Forgive me, I need to vent. I just got done transplanting 16 tomato plants and 12 pepper plants. Some from starter trays to 12oz cups, some from 12oz cups to 24oz cups, and 12 of the tomatoes went from 24oz cups to 3 gal planters. Yeah me! LOL I'm tired.

Thanks to an infestation of stupid little spider mites, I lost most of my baby peppers left in the starter trays. These were a second shot at some failed seeds. I really wanted more of a couple of the pepper types. I still don't have any of my Purple Jalapenos I wanted so bad.

Do you think it's too late to start more seeds for transplanting outside? I'm in North-East Ohio. Thanks.

Good news - No sign of any more mites. I will be going over all the plants again on Tuesday. AND - I found Superthrive at our Wal-Mart. I picked up a little 4oz bottle and mixed it in a few gallons of water, used it on the transplants & the remaining live babies in the starter trays.

I think you should still be able to start and get some peppers out, may not get as much as those who were started earlier, but surley you should still get some.

Im in the same type of zone Im in CT... I have started germinating another 4 variety last week. You should be fine. In CT the temps stay nice till OCT even them you can move stuff inside if you are in pots. Like DH said you may not get as many fruit but you'll get fruit! thats the way roll in this zone :cool:

I was thinking that too... less production. I'm going to go ahead and retry some more seeds after the next mite treatment.

I have been bringing my plants in at fall to get a little more harvest time.
so in your case I would say start them and use a grow mat so thy come up fast and you should be fine.
when fall comes buy a small 25 dollar plastic greenhouse if you need.
there is no wrong way to grow ... there are just better ways .

Back