• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

question?

On the 5th day of my seedling experiment it looks like all of them are growing Tails, So does that mean they are sprouting?

And do you want me to take a photo of them to show you what I mean?

PhatManDerek said:
On the 5th day of my seedling experiment it looks like all of them are growing Tails, So does that mean they are sprouting?

And do you want me to take a photo of them to show you what I mean?

What do ya have growing at the moment?

PhatManDerek said:
Semi hot Jalapenos and I'm about to buy a $12 fish tank to transplant them once they sprout leaves.

Very cool! I have some Jalapenos, Orange Habs, and some Hot Lemon Peppers going at the moment. I'm waiting on some Naga Morich, Dorset Naga, and Fatali seeds to get here. I'd like to make some sauces with the Naga's... as for eating them fresh... haha not sure my tolerance is up enough yet! haha

ExtremeBurn said:
Very cool! I have some Jalapenos, Orange Habs, and some Hot Lemon Peppers going at the moment. I'm waiting on some Naga Morich, Dorset Naga, and Fatali seeds to get here. I'd like to make some sauces with the Naga's... as for eating them fresh... haha not sure my tolerance is up enough yet! haha
Holy crap man, You want to go to the e.r bad don't you?

I mean Naga dorsets? Holy crap lol.

PhatManDerek said:
Holy crap man, You want to go to the e.r bad don't you?

I mean Naga dorsets? Holy crap lol.

HAHA... Yeah, that's exactly why I don't want to eat them fresh yet. You can make really great sauces with the Naga's though which for a while is all I'll be doing with them hahaha.

ExtremeBurn said:
HAHA... Yeah, that's exactly why I don't want to eat them fresh yet. You can make really great sauces with the Naga's though which for a while is all I'll be doing with them hahaha.
I'll just stick to Habs and jala's for now.

Most of us here are growing Naga's, Bhut/Bihs, 7Pot/Pod, Scorpions, Fatellis etc...

The ER wont see us anymore -- Look for Iggys thread when he ate a Naga for example

ExtremeBurn said:
Good plan and good luck with the growing!
Thank you, My brothers actually taught me how to grow like this when they were smoking the bad stuff, And they wanted some of they're own so they learned from friends and taught me how to do it, Since I don't like wacky tobacco I've decided to to do it to hot peppers, Calamine plants and a few other things that you can use on your body or in your food!

Txclosetgrower said:
Elaborate on your plan for using a fish tank.

Are you trying to grow hydroponically?

I'm guessing like a greenhouse but indoors. Done that but failed miserably. If you have the top on the humidity drowns the plants and with the top off you might as well use a white cardboard box IME.

Txclosetgrower said:
Elaborate on your plan for using a fish tank.

Are you trying to grow hydroponically?
I am growing them Hydroponically, and here's my plan for my fish tank.

Ok buy 1 fish tank,
buy 1 hooded light,
Buy 12 of those little potting containers,
"I got a thermometer so I know when I need to worry about the heat.'
buy a water bottle for misting them. and a water bottle for watering them as well.

Put the sprouts in the potting containers with plant soil.
Put the containers & the plants in the fish tank.
Put the hooded light on the top and walla a make shift green house!

By the got the idea from Impychick and her grow log.

Why would you use a fish tank though? That's just asking for algae to grow all over your roots. You really want an opaque reservoir. Rubbermaid totes work quite nicely.

And 12 plants in a hydro system will get WAYYYYYYYY too crowded. In that kind of system(DWC) you could maybe get away with 2 or 4. Peppers get quite large, and they get that way quickly in hydro.

And if you wanna see a step by step construction guide for a simple DWC system made out of a rubbermaid container, check out page 2 of this thread:

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=8058

Ditto what TX says. I use 4 gallon buckets that kitty litter comes in. Five small plants such as lettuce or green beans, or one large one such as a tomato or pepper. Cut a whole for the net pot, another one to check the pH and ppm, drill a small hole for the air hose. Total cost for two containers:

Back