• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Quick little question.Help!!!!!!

Hey all.Been awhile since I have posted.Out of ten Trini scorps. seeds I was able to keep four.They are beautiful. they are late turning,but , that has begun. To my question,Last night we had a storm come through with some heavy winds.This morning I noticed that one of the trini's was leaning.I just checked it and it's not broken and still in the ground.I plan on getting them ready to bring inside soon,so I can plant my fall Turnip Greens.Do you guys think it would be ok to just leave it leaning for now,until I transplant into a container or should I try and disturb it even more by standing it up and re planting?Please,any suggestions are welcomed.

You might try loosely tying it to a stake to keep it from falling over any more... I lost a chile plant that was topheavy with too many pods and a fresh breeze blew it over and snapped it off flush with the ground. The whole plant was a writeoff!

Stake it for sure. I wouldn't fear disturbing it any further. It'll probably appreciate being tied to a stake more than being left hanging (where it will probably end up being more disturbed in the long run by wind, more bad weather, etc).

Back