seeds Quickest germination time

Hey guys

I don't know if anyone's had a quicker germination time but I thought I'd share this. I soaked a bunch of seeds this saturday, then on Sunday morning I put them in jiffy pellets and sat them on the heat pad as you do.

Now it's Wednesday morning, I checked on them before work and two Black Nagas have popped out!! That's under 72 hours from the moment they went into the jiffy. Although you can argue that camomile soaking was part of that germination time, in that case you can add at least another 16 hours to that.

But still, under 4 days is pretty insane I reckon, especially for a chinense.

2014_09_10_07_49_24.jpg

Yup these seeds came from my neighbour who picked the pod where these seeds came from about 2 months ago. So probably the fact that these seeds have only just been dried out helps.

I never really have longer waits than a few days to a week, and I never soak.  One exception was C. Galapagoense.  Those took over 2 weeks. 

Those Black Naga seeds are consistently the faster ones to germinate for the last two years...must be strong genetics. The parent plant I had was a monster!

Ive had some taproots pop from the seeds in less than 16 hours and plants pop from the soil in 3 days so yeah sounds about right.

I've had germination happen 72 hours before I even tried to put the seeds in the soil.

...Unfortunately it was mold that had germinated on the improperly dried seeds, but it still counts right?

Hehe nice one :)

Rush35 said:
Those Black Naga seeds are consistently the faster ones to germinate for the last two years...must be strong genetics. The parent plant I had was a monster!
I had 2 more pop up overnight, so thats 4 germinated out of 7 in less than 96 hours. This is awesome.

Sweet last night I had 1 more come through which made that 5 out of 7, and today just as I was moving them into cups - i noticed another one just breaking through the top of the soil. 6 out of 7 germinated in 5 days. I'll be handing out the seeds from these plant to everyone I know for sure.

SentencedToBurn said:
Sweet last night I had 1 more come through which made that 5 out of 7, and today just as I was moving them into cups - i noticed another one just breaking through the top of the soil. 6 out of 7 germinated in 5 days. I'll be handing out the seeds from these plant to everyone I know for sure.
SentencedToBurn said:
Hello friend :)

Back