• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music R.I.P. Charlie Watts

The Rolling Stones have been my favorite band ever since the first time I saw them live in 1978 during the Some Girls tour after getting a free ticket from a girl I knew in high school after she broke up with her boyfriend (who was one of my friends also) the night before the show. Since then, I have attended many shows through the years, seeing them in Memphis, Nashville, New Orleans, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Kansas City. My avatar is the spiked tongue from the Voodoo Lounge era. My heart was broken today when I read the news that Charlie Watts had passed away. No drummer could swing like Charlie. Thank you for all the wonderful music and memories.

Charlie_Watts.jpg

The Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts performs on the opening night of Weekend 2 of Desert Trip Friday October 14, 2016 at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, Calif. (Will Lester-SCNG Inland Valley Daily Bulletin)

Last edited:
Back