• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Rabbits!

IGG, are you growing anything this year besides hot peppers? The only reason I ask it because I've never had any rabbit or groundhog touch any of my peppers, but they sure have destroyed a lot of my other green veggies :(

Pepp3rFreak said:
IGG, are you growing anything this year besides hot peppers? The only reason I ask it because I've never had any rabbit or groundhog touch any of my peppers, but they sure have destroyed a lot of my other green veggies :(
Yep, lettice (which is what I'm mainly worried about), onions, raddishes, tomatoes, corn, etc etc.

Imagine if they were the size of this lady's :shocked:

giantrabbits.jpg

I had problems getting it into the trap when it had all the free plants it wanted all around. When I put carrots on the ground they were gone in seconds, but put anything in the trap and it was never touched. It liked the pepper plants over everything i put in the traps it ate about 5 plants a day and they were big plants.

Die Rabbits Die!!!! That is my motto when using my BB gun on them when they are nibbling in the garden. BTW...it is illegal for me to use it in town, so I stand in my garage and take a shot or two at them. A couple of other neighbors want to see them gone too, but I have a next door neighbor who feeds them! I have put a fence up around the garden, and that has kept them away from my peas and lettuce. Two years ago I found a rabbit dead, it got stuck trying to get through the fence into the garden and died there...ha...that one will never bother me again! Just think...there are millions and millions blades of grass...but NOOOOO....they have to bother EVERYTHING we plant. They killed off my mums already this spring.

The stupid groundhogs must visit this forum because now, after 20 years, I have one in my backyard. I can guarantee you that whatever happens, he will not be set free someplace else.

If I didn't live in the heart of Cincinnati with neighbors all around me, he would feel the pain of a deer slug through his head or experience what a hollow point 30.06 feels like.

Mike

ummmmm rabbitttttt

Hey try another trick.I have been at war with the deer here and they season well.Around your garden lay down a barrier chicken wire or smaller on the ground. Dear hate to walk on it and i`ve never had a rabbit try it.It screws with their hooves.When all else fails "make your shot count" If you really want to have fun,,,,hit it with power like a hot wire fence. best of luck

oh yea

The other thing you can try is what we did while deployed overseas.Surround your area with a small circle of sulfer.It drives a snake and spiders crazy.Burns their lil noses.Bet it will do the same just find your local coop and you got it.

Back