• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

RAGE THREAD HULK SMASH!!

So I get an email from the knuckleheads at UPS. Order delivery confirmation for my chileplants stuff. Delivered to front door, today, @1230hrs. Thing is, I was here at that time, and no delivery. Hours later, still nothing. Call UPS and get that wonderful voice recognition system that makes me want to grab a chainsaw and go Jason a convent full of nuns and orphaned puppies, finally manage to get a real live person on the phone, they say to call the nursery since they have to initiate the trace on the package.

The nursery rules, she got the ball rolling immediately, but the UPS chump has already gone home for the weekend and my 12 plants are somewhere in limbo.

Whoever the driver is who entered the data saying my order has been delivered, I hope a flock of birds all take a monstrous shit on his/her private vehicles windshield and a swarm of insects eats their lawn down to the f'ing dirt.

On the positive side, Janie at Cross Country Nursery/chileplants.com is an absolute gem for responding so fast. I won't hesitate to do business there again.

UPS, though, I really want to punch that driver in the dick with brass knuckles on.

Skydiver said:
So I get an email from the knuckleheads at UPS. Order delivery confirmation for my chileplants stuff. Delivered to front door, today, @1230hrs. Thing is, I was here at that time, and no delivery. Hours later, still nothing. Call UPS and get that wonderful voice recognition system that makes me want to grab a chainsaw and go Jason a convent full of nuns and orphaned puppies, finally manage to get a real live person on the phone, they say to call the nursery since they have to initiate the trace on the package.

The nursery rules, she got the ball rolling immediately, but the UPS chump has already gone home for the weekend and my 12 plants are somewhere in limbo.

Whoever the driver is who entered the data saying my order has been delivered, I hope a flock of birds all take a monstrous shit on his/her private vehicles windshield and a swarm of insects eats their lawn down to the f'ing dirt.

On the positive side, Janie at Cross Country Nursery/chileplants.com is an absolute gem for responding so fast. I won't hesitate to do business there again.

UPS, though, I really want to punch that driver in the dick with brass knuckles on.

My UPS guy did that to me once, Nicest guy ever and I've known him for at least 10 years before he moved on. I felt bad b/c I think I got him in trouble, but he got an extra big Xmas bonus that year. I think sometimes they are running behind or accidentaly scan something as delivered. The difference between my story and yours is that was just running late and I got my package an hour later. I only called b/c I was waiting for a $500 Delivery and I was confused that It said "delivered" and wanted to make sure it wasnt stolen. The fact that your guy didnt show up later in the day is not good for him. I'm sure he'll get written up for this, UPS is great usually, i bet this guy is already regretting this, no reason to get upset. UPS will make good imho.

Most likely, but I just needed to vent.
Plus I'm worried about my lil' babies, all alone, no water, no sunlight, no ugly guy saying nice things to them each day and dreaming of the beautiful pain they're gonna cause me.

Jason used a machettee. UPS sucks. Puncing people in the dick can suace problems drown the raod. But I dighresss. Drink some peer and maybe you will feel better about the situation. wow , that last sengance was spelled really good consideiring my personal veows on sobriaty.

imaguitargod said:
Jason used a machettee. UPS sucks. Puncing people in the dick can suace problems drown the raod. But I dighresss. Drink some peer and maybe you will feel better about the situation. wow , that last sengance was spelled really good consideiring my personal veows on sobriaty.

Not in a beer mood today, and my area is f'ing dry atm so I couldn't smoke up.

I played with my dog, though. I feel better.

I really want to punch that driver in the dick with brass knuckles on.

You're my new hero.

Dogs? Hell yeah! They really do put all the crap on hold when you're hangin' with them.

Hope tomorrow is a better day.

imaguitargod said:

LMAO in general...and I'M drunk and awake at 3:43!

I had a ups guy deliver a router that i'd biought fro a lcient to the ice cream shopt next door....didnt even tell me or leave a note. Funyn they cant call you.

Imagine my surpise when I cheched ther trackin and said it was deliverd... I raised unholy hell....

Apt. manager finally found it across the parking lot at the baskin robbins...

I only use USPS now.

They always deliver.

I ship quite a bit of stuff overnight and have finally settled on the good old USPS. I'd say 98% of the time they get the job done. When they do make a mistake it's very easy to get a refund, all you have to do is show up with your receipt and they'll pay you right then and there.

UPS has always been good to me, I guess it all depends on how lazy your particular driver is (which is not a good thing). I guess I've been lucky. USPS is good, FEDEX always is a pain in the ASS lol.

FiveSix said:
UPS has always been good to me, I guess it all depends on how lazy your particular driver is (which is not a good thing). I guess I've been lucky. USPS is good, FEDEX always is a pain in the ASS lol.

I've had the opposite view. Much like the seed trading parcel here, I used to do beer trading parcels through a different site, FedEx has always been my go-to shipping company.
Flavored Olive Oils ftw. Never had a bottle break in transit with them.

I have to deal with all of them here at work every day, and i can say this with a fact about UPS(United Package Smashing), have whomever is shipping you something check off the option for a signature delivery only....no leaving the package outside your door crap. The nice thing about that is if the tracking info shows it being signed for and delivered, you(the reciever) can initiate a search then. But, the way their system works, you'll still have to deal with the computerized phone system, and it'll probably still take a couple of days to sort it out. Oh, and here's another little secret. When you call the 1-800 number for UPS, when the systems starts to ask you to say aloud certain options, say the word "AGENT" and it'll connect you to a live person immediately. Never ever forget that. That bit of info has saved my ass a few times.

But what if you dont have a door they can get in?

I live in a locked apt. building 3 floors up with no buzzer...

Only USPS can get in, the rest leave notes stuck ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE DOOR 4' FROM A BUSY 4-LANE Street..that may or not be there when I check the mail. And, the only pick-up center is 10 miles away, and I don't drive.

UPS/Fedex is fine if ya live in a house, but here, it's hopeless.

Update

Talked to Janie @ Cross Country Nurseries on the phone again today, she's totally awesome.

The knucklehead driver at UPS has apparently gone on f'ing vacation.
It's all good, though. Janie said that she has some orders that for whatever reason can't go out, so she's gonna look through them and see if she can get some peppers as close to my original order as possible and get them in the mail to me.

Through this whole series of events, CCN has been nothing but incredible to me, and I will most definitely be doing business with them again next year.

Cheers, Janie. You rock.

QuadShotz said:
But what if you dont have a door they can get in?

I live in a locked apt. building 3 floors up with no buzzer...

Only USPS can get in, the rest leave notes stuck ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE DOOR 4' FROM A BUSY 4-LANE Street..that may or not be there when I check the mail. And, the only pick-up center is 10 miles away, and I don't drive.

UPS/Fedex is fine if ya live in a house, but here, it's hopeless.

Do what works for you, of course, i was only saying that(in my experience)what i typed above has been the easiest way to deal with UPS. And yeah, the pick up center part sucks.

Back