• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

water rain water collected..

well i just got some gutters a few weeks ago and this was the first rain i had and i collected 100gallon on 1 side i will be hooking it up better but i wanted to see how much i can get .. all i can say is WOW.. it did not even rain that hard and only off and on while i was at work.. so i am thinking about getting a 500gallon tank for 2 sides.. i will take more pics after i get my parts made ... i know the gutter guy so he is hooking me up .. or we will see.. i am thinking i can do so much with this free water.. i am now really going to have to work on my raised bed garden.. and i will be starting aquaponics system real soon also.. so enjoy ...

IMG00609-20100728-1847.jpg

IMG00610-20100728-1848.jpg

cover that vat up with something....IMO your best option is to go to the hardware store and get screen door screen (the aluminum kind, not the plastic)...

here is a shot of a collection system I put in 2 years ago and used it one season...for me, collecting 150 gallons of water was enough for 1/2 of a watering with all the plants I grow...

050408b006.jpg

Uh, 100 gallons in a no more than 30-40 gallon container? Or do you have others that are not in the picture?

Mike
ha ha man no that tank is 110 gallon in that pic... you might have seen it in other pics i have taken awhile back...

this was just a TEST to see how much i will get and i think i am going to get a 500gallon tank... and yes i will cover it up for sure to keep bugs out of it..

nice set up AJ do you pump your water out or Gravity to drain ???

ha ha man no that tank is 110 gallon in that pic... you might have seen it in other pics i have taken awhile back...

this was just a TEST to see how much i will get and i think i am going to get a 500gallon tank... and yes i will cover it up for sure to keep bugs out of it..

ok back with a pic of how many gallons
IMG00611-20100729-1529.jpg

It didn't collect any where near as much water as I needed so it doesn't exist any more...but I was set up for pumping or gravity drain either one...

Keep up the good work collecting. I have a 55 gallon right now but I wish I had a million.
Rain water makes a huge difference in the health of your plants and it works like magic for cloning.

Back