• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

water Rainwater.

Okay I'm here in SoCal and its been raining more than usual (Deng Mayans). Question is my inground plants are in plain dirt and some compost... With the rain they are already soaked. ... Shall I keep them covered with plastic to minimize them drowning. Or just let them be. Suppose to rain some more. As for rain collecting. Don't want to go thru the trouble. Thanks for any input.

If your plants were in pots above ground then covering them would make sense. But buried in the water logged ground is another story....water can travel sideways............ ;)
You may want to consider some torpedo sand in the future. Its easier to have to overwater a well drained bed than to worry about soggy saturated roots...

Okay I'm here in SoCal and its been raining more than usual (Deng Mayans). Question is my inground plants are in plain dirt and some compost... With the rain they are already soaked. ... Shall I keep them covered with plastic to minimize them drowning. Or just let them be. Suppose to rain some more. As for rain collecting. Don't want to go thru the trouble. Thanks for any input.

It took me less than 20 minutes to set up a pretty efficient rain collector, and that kept my plant happy all summer long. You should consider going through the trouble.

Back