• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

container Raised Bed or 5 Gal Containers

LOL! Yeah the funny thing is a few months before i decided to get out of reefkeeping i was helping a friend get out of the hobby because he was moving to a base in TX and i saw these peppers he was growing and asked what they were....... they were the infamous "Ghost Pepper"..... so i asked him how much for the plant because he had to get rid of it...... and thats were it all began... lol

Few months later i was researching peppers online and stumbled across pepperjoes website and then the addiction took over!

Islander said:
LOL! Yeah the funny thing is a few months before i decided to get out of reefkeeping i was helping a friend get out of the hobby because he was moving to a base in TX and i saw these peppers he was growing and asked what they were....... they were the infamous "Ghost Pepper"..... so i asked him how much for the plant because he had to get rid of it...... and thats were it all began... lol

Few months later i was researching peppers online and stumbled across pepperjoes website and then the addiction took over!
You know, you can combine gardening with fishkeeping...not really saltwater.  I use "ornamental" fish like goldfish and koi but some people, especially in places like TX or Australia that are drought prone, grow fish like tilapia or bullnose catfish in their systems that you can eat.  It's all closed loop and minus adding water for evaporation occasionally they are good for water restrictions.  I use aquaponics in my basement year round.  It's an obsession in itself...I typically run leafy greens in it for now since anything else takes up too much space but I had some peppers in it last year, the Thais in my forum picture were grown in it, they're still kicking it in an overwinter pot right now.

http://youtu.be/26xpMCXP9bw

Back