• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Rare Market Find

I was cruising the produce section of one of our major retail groceries and spotted a sign that said red habs. I stopped and looked at them for a bit. 3" long pods, twisted and narley. bought a few and went home to check them out. they appear to be guadelupe habs. 2.5" to 3" long and about 1.5 wide. needless to say I went back and bought another 1/2 pound of these puppies @ $6.25 a pound. will start seeding them tomorrow. These things are real vicious looking, kinda like my nagas and bhuts.

woohoo.gif
Nice Find!! TexPepMan. Only grew the the trini scorp red morg blend this year. Hope those peppers grow true!! Maybe you can sell some seeds to the rest of us next year. Happy Gardening.
mouthonfire.gif
Cheers.
rofl.gif

:onfire:
+1 good luck getting help/seeds from any other guys on the forum :rofl:
ILMAO
Free Pepper seeds? I have from many in the past and received exactly 0 except from 1 person whom i've sent her 20 different varieties of seeds so i'm at no loss from your post..thank you. As for the find the flesh is thick and taste like a bell..chomp n chew and no heat..get some veins and hotter than hell..smells like a hab but no fruit etc taste to them..i guess they would be good for chili or spiking up some hot sauce..my trinidads, arrivas and savinas have a lot more flavor. sorry to those offended about not offering seeds but i got 3 replies out of about 700 people on here for a few seeds..so go figure.. i wasnt asking for free either

Texas pepper man,
Any chance you took a pic of the peppers before seeding? I did a google search for guuadalupe hab and didn't come up with anything.

Thank you sir

:onfire:
ILMAO
Free Pepper seeds? I have from many in the past and received exactly 0 except from 1 person whom i've sent her 20 different varieties of seeds so i'm at no loss from your post..thank you. As for the find the flesh is thick and taste like a bell..chomp n chew and no heat..get some veins and hotter than hell..smells like a hab but no fruit etc taste to them..i guess they would be good for chili or spiking up some hot sauce..my trinidads, arrivas and savinas have a lot more flavor. sorry to those offended about not offering seeds but i got 3 replies out of about 700 people on here for a few seeds..so go figure.. i wasnt asking for free either
I wasnt on here when you joined/asked but... when i asked a load of kind people were willing to trade or even help me out
guys like Patrick and Nova that sent me seeds for free all i had to do is pay it forward. i have had some seeds not get through to me and only one or two replies to my posts asking for seeds in trade some people will just not have enough to trade. but i plan to be as kind to those in need of a few seeds this year and if you want some let me know man as i will be sending as many as i can spare. i didnt mean to come across rude in my post just meant as Chris said if you rub some people up the wrong way its harder to change their opinion of you.
Sorry again man and gratz on the find

Get you a photobucket account upload your photos there then post them here. There is a thread with detailed instructions. I would find it for you but I am on my phone and in the field.

Where you at in Texas?

Back