• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Rate my plants.

I use LED for my plants and they seems to like that. I have in my greenhouse 2 of this and 3 other cheaper ones, but this looks to be the best. It looks a little fun at night when the greenhouse lights up purple ;-)

Are those 12 cm fans?  I'm trying to get an idea about the scale of the box.

If they're 12cm and you put reflective material on the sides of the box, you won't have any light loss and won't need to lower the lights.  If anything I wonder if there is enough vertical space till they're ready to go outside, weather permitting.

Yes, the fans are 12cm. The box measures 33.5cm deep x 50cm high x 70cm wide. This should roughly allow 50 cups per shelf. I plan to add another set of shelf brackets mid way between the current shelf position and the base. Given mortality rates and extras I plan to give away I'll reposition the shelf to the lower position and allow the select few I plan to keep to continue to grow. I should be able to keep 50 plants happy until the warmer weather shows up which will be more than enough.

I'm even toying with the idea of standing the box on its end(once all seedlings have been planted) allowing one or two plants to live inside permanently.

Once it is warm enough outside. I'm guessing 4-6 weeks. However I'll delay this if I think they'll be better off indoors.

Back