• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Re visiting leaf curl

I have posted this question before and got some different ideas but wanted to re-visit it, my partner sent me some pics today of some of our plants that are all around healthy but the shoulders of the leaves are curling upwards. The temps are 80 day 76 night they are in fresh soil a 50/50 mix of OF and HF and were just watered so they are a little wet any ideas? This is a mystery I am determined to solve in my opinion it cannot be lights, temps, nutes, soul so what is it? Here ate some pics

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_6058.jpg

Has anyone ever solved this?

Most of my plants are treated exactly the same, medium, watering schedule, ferts, type of lights and time under them, and anything else you can think of. Of the 70+ plants I have I would estimate 35-40% of them have a leaf or two that is curling. It's been the same the past 7-8 years. I was concerned the first couple of years but it never seemed to have an effect on pod production. It doesn't matter to me anymore. My advice is don't worry about it.

Most of my plants are treated exactly the same, medium, watering schedule, ferts, type of lights and time under them, and anything else you can think of. Of the 70+ plants I have I would estimate 35-40% of them have a leaf or two that is curling. It's been the same the past 7-8 years. I was concerned the first couple of years but it never seemed to have an effect on pod production. It doesn't matter to me anymore. My advice is don't worry about it.

Thanks Patrick not so much worried as I am curious there has to be an answer. Just like to know the why's behind the what's

May I add to your thread. I have similar stuff going on too. I've read others recommend cal/mag for leaves curling in this way. Using lucas formula on my DWC system, that fomula should have enough cal/mag so makes no sense.

This one is in a small DWC system with two pumps pushing air. So it can't be overwatering I would think? Only one plant out of all doing it, this one is Numex Twilight.
img2015k.jpg

I might have over fertilized this one. Overwintered plant with no growth for 2 months so decided to give it a dose of ferts, this was the result. Flushed the soil off the roots and potted it in new soil, still giving out curled growth.
img2014vd.jpg

No idea about what this guys problem is. It's just in mild soil, no strong fertilizers.
img2016ud.jpg

Back