• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

really stupid question

Ok since this is my 1st ever attempt at growing chile's or any plant for that matter from seeds(herbs in a bag kit doesnt count lol) when I go to bed at night I turn my daylight light off is it normal for the seedlings to "bow" and droop at bit at night or (please say I dont :lol:) do I need a "night time lamp"
Tom

I normally ignore anything my seedlings do(within reason) for the first 3 weeks or so, until they get their "real" leaves. I've had seedlings do some REALLY strange things that didn't effect the adult plant at all. A bit like an unruly puppy.

Take a deep breath, relax, enjoy the growing experience.

sez she who hovers anxiously over her seedlings every morning.

Ha! I know that feeling. After years of training myself I've come to the conclusion that the best way to grow chilies(unlike every other plant I've ever grown) is to just ignore them. Check on them occasionally, water them with the rest of the plants, but they're pretty tough, once they're past seedling stage they can pretty much handle themselves.

well I spoke a little too soon seems the were "bowing" again this morning but they were all "bowing towards the direction of my bed as maybe to say "all hail me?" :lol:

Why not just give them light 24/7 at their age and keep them standing at attention. There are a lot of first time growers on this forum this year so there will be some trial and error until you figure out what work and what doesn't. What is your "daylight" grow light? I'm hoping your taking floro.

well If I leave it on 24/7 I wont sleep :lol: i dont know much about the light except it said on the packaging grow light great for plants and by floro do you me a floroesent tube bulb if s then yes it is they seem to be responding to it they are now almost fully straight

Back