• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Reaper,Ghost and Scorpion Peppers

Light looks blue on the plants.  In third photo, way far away from plants.  At this stage, a simple 10 buck shop light with the old fashion four foot florescent will keep them growing as long as it is a few inches above.

Agree with these two, if you can move them a few inches above the plants until you get your T5 set up that would work wonders.

You want to give your plants as much light (in the growing spectrum) they can get while maintaining minimal heat..  Just make a new temproary stand for those lights mounted a foot or less above them and throw some foil around them as a reflector..

Just thought the lights were spreading the light better that high but after reading I see not, might move them down tonight if I get time. Made a light holder out of some aluminum angle I had,but the question I have will any T8 or T5 6500K bulb work or does it have to be a plant or grow bulb?

Thanks for the help guys

Canes1 said:
Just thought the lights were spreading the light better that high but after reading I see not, might move them down tonight if I get time. Made a light holder out of some aluminum angle I had,but the question I have will any T8 or T5 6500K bulb work or does it have to be a plant or grow bulb?

Thanks for the help guys

I use 'grow light' lamps; Spectralux 6500K.

In one of my 6-lamp T5HO fixtures, I installed two Fluval Actinic lamps, which are aquarium lamps used for live coral growth. Their spectrum is basically concentrated at 420nm. Cannot definitively say they make a huge difference, but they certainly have not hurt.

Canes1 said:
Built a light stand and made some improvements, getting a shop light and either plant or 6500k bulbs that will be adjustable before this weekend as get time.I also split up more plants and waiting for the heating pad to get here.Some new pics

http://imgur.com/ruL764w

http://imgur.com/3yMcsnU
Nice job on the light stand Canes! Very tidy.  Thinking of doing a small recirculating hydro system for lettuce and herbs over winter, a rig like that is ideal.  

Looking good.  I would even still lower that light some more.  

You said the light was a T8, is it a High Output light? (More heat) if not, you can lower that with a cheap daisy chain to a couple inches above the plants.  

Unless of course you are trying to give light to the plants further away from the light

2HFGplf.jpg

6ZnH2yc.jpg

31yuy8e.jpg

New pics,getting some yellowing and leaf curl, ughhh.

Some plants are growing faster then others but still trying to figure out the feeding thing yet,not sure when to give nutes.

uMuh5UR.jpg

wWSAIlC.jpg

SdyRkR8.jpg

X7Ua9RS.jpg

yOYOIe1.jpg

y2SmDwn.jpg

QXFPtUe.jpg

u4PuHp9.jpg

Finally put them all outside as the weather finally will be warm/hot on a consistent basis. I think started them to late for our short growing season up here but let's see what comes about with my first grow attempt. A couple of the plants really shot up and everything I put in pots earlier really looks healthy and green,very little yellowing or leaf curl like before.Been using Foliage Pro and I am really happy with it.

Thanks

Back