• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Reaper Madness!?!

Reapers or not Reapers that is the question , mixed some up with my primos, I cant tell em apart can any of you?

20160918_105416_zpsedn3xyua.jpg

I"m a late starter pepper head , so I missed the Reaper madness , and will give it pass .
Maybe I'll get on the new "greatest ever pepper" madness.
Any bets on when the new "Big one " is due.

karoo said:
I"m a late starter pepper head , so I missed the Reaper madness , and will give it pass .
Maybe I'll get on the new "greatest ever pepper" madness.
Any bets on when the new "Big one " is due.
Who knows, its just matter of time before somebody comes out with Naga-Reaper-Viper-Insanity-Death-Pepper lol

WickedMojo said:
Who knows, its just matter of time before somebody comes out with Naga-Reaper-Viper-Insanity-Death-Pepper lol
My wild and uneducated guess will be ,
We are about two steps away from two or three wild record breaking peppers , with multiple (undeterminable) parentage .
Then we can all go back to growing heirloom peppers with great phenos and taste.
Maybe then , crossing will be more geared towards growth , taste and production.

karoo said:
My wild and uneducated guess will be ,
We are about two steps away from two or three wild record breaking peppers , with multiple (undeterminable) parentage .
Then we can all go back to growing heirloom peppers with great phenos and taste.
Maybe then , crossing will be more geared towards growth , taste and production.

Yes, agree wholeheartedly.  I do enjoy some crosses, but the craze of crossing just to cross is out of control right now.  The idea of crossing just for a certain color and such is very undesirable to me especially after I taste some of these peppers and I just think ughhh!  that tasted like swampass

Lets get back to make desirable phenos that taste great and also produce well on the bush, enough with the pretty off colored phenos that are more about show and wow factor than taste. 

I'll take a 7 Pot Jonah nearly anyday of the week over almost any of the new crosses coming out.  I am just stubborn that way I guess. 

cheers

Hot Pooper said:
Or a habanero/ghost world record holder.....
I still dont understand how people could believe ed's Reaper was a red hab crossed with a Bhut, seriously that should have set off everyones bullshit alerts from the get go. No way in hell that cross would look anything like it does lol, again cough cough , instead of Trump's line "Lyin' Ted" Im gonna use "Lyin' Ed" lol

If Ed really did manage to create the reaper, the only thing I can say is, Hey Congrats Ed you manage to recreate an already existing pepper the Primo! because they taste , and look Identical , I cant find any difference except for normal diff that would occur on any plant

The only slight way I can tell is that the Reapers usually tend to be slightly larger than the primos with more of a fish hook stinger but not always. Other than that I can't tell.
This really is a "Beating a dead horse" topic. I do see where you are coming from however and your curiousity to know for sure. My outlook on the subject is "they are peppers." I really dont care who they came from. Im just going to enjoy my hobby and grow.

Back