• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

issue Reaper question

How many plants? One, ... ?

There is a mutation known to cause loss of pungency...
I just have the one plant. The others died because of the extreme heat. I have it and some others that are about 6"-8" tall in my greenhouse. I have some other Yellow Reapers, White Reapers, Red Reapers, and Dragon's Breath growing. I just hope they survive this Winter.

Same experience with the 3 guys at my shop that I gave them to. They said they have good flavor but no heat. One chops them up to put on his sandwiches. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Save seeds; if it is still almost heat less next year maybe you should try to stabilize it to produce a reaper-flavored looking pod that would be more accessible to the masses.

Save seeds; if it is still almost heat less next year maybe you should try to stabilize it to produce a reaper-flavored looking pod that would be more accessible to the masses.

I agree. Perhaps a mutation occurred that causes a decrease in (or even disappearence of) pungency. If you don't care about heatless yellow reapers, please consider to put an add and donate/sell seeds to other growers.

I agree. Perhaps a mutation occurred that causes a decrease in (or even disappearence of) pungency. If you don't care about heatless yellow reapers, please consider to put an add and donate/sell seeds to other growers.
Not sure if it was due to a mutation but Chris Fowler is selling a heat less Moruga. In both cases it would be perfect for adding flavor to a mash without making it "nuclear" I guess!
:
1699465293160.png

Back