• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Reaper X (from Semillas La Palma) ?

Hi, I was just wondering if any of you have grown or know anything about this variety ?

It was offered as a freebie: "we are now offering REAPER X - a nice reaper mutant - as free giveaway for all customers ordering in October "

But I can't find any information about it, and so far my plant looks just like a normal reaper. I would love to know more about it.

Reaper Equis? I grew BSR (Bhut Shaped Reaper) from THSC last year. I believe both look similar (on photo, at least). I once read a comment that it might be a genetic throwback, but I can't recall where I read it. BSR was hot...

SLP:
We first thought it may be a hybrid and named it Reaper X. Meanwhile we see that the variety is stable from the beginning, so most propable a mutant. (Equis = spanish x)
Largwer than a standard Reaper and more productive while having the same brutal heat. (Capsicum chinense) large picture of pods
This description would equally well fit BSR. Since SLP only recently began to distribute the Reaper Equis seeds, I think it will be difficult to find much relevant information. Most people are now germinating their seeds :)

20220129_213212.jpg

My plant is getting HUGE! I will upload some pictures soon. I finally found some information about it on the Semilla La Palma website:

"We first thought it may be a hybrid and named it Reaper X. Meanwhile we see that the variety is stable from the beginning, so most probably a mutant. (Equis = Spanish x)
Larger than a standard Reaper and more productive while having the same brutal heat. (Capsicum chinense)"

REAPER X SRTSL

This is an incredible cross originally created by Paul Willet and further selected for this shape by Giancarlo Fadda of Fadda's Peppers. The pods are relatively small, but it has longest tails of any pepper, often longer than the pod itself. It’s stability seems good, but still the pods may vary in shape. The plant growing about 1m tall. Can be grown in pots. Extremely hot.
SRTSL - Sara R Trinidad Scorpion Long
SHU- 2,000,000++

1661294806929.png

Back