trade-show Rebranding / Design reboot for show media walls / booth

Sales this year have tripled what I did last year.  Granted I've got 3 more flavors with 6 total.

But one of the biggest challenges I've faced at shows is the statement "Oh, this is for people? I thought it was hot sauce for dogs."

As absurd as that sounds, I understand that marketing with pair of dogs on the bottle would be a marketing anomaly.  People tend to think a food item with an animal is for, or of that animal.

However, my friend has a picture of a beaver on his bottles, yet never gets asked if it's a hot sauce for beavers.

So, I have included shots of my booth setup at my first home show, where I (last minute) went from 20 feet of sales front to 25, forcing me to grab a 3rd table for the front and get creative with it.

I'm thinking of re-designing my brand image from the ground up again.  What suggestions to avoid the "is this for dogs?" without losing the nice logo I have?

I have flags that say hot-sauce and bbq-sauce that sit on the outdoor tent or booth, but those only serve purpose for people using me as a point of reference, or to find me at a show above the crowd.  Casuals strolling by often say "oh it's for dogs" until I chime in and say "this is for people" in which they say "oh, it is?  I thought it was for dogs" and will come over for samples.  But I know I'm losing a great deal of people I can't engage, which was prevalent this past weekend when I was working solo instead of my usual 2-man crew.

Is it as simple as changing the back wall to say "hot sauce and bbq sauce" next to the logo?  Is it a missing banner at eye-level?

I would think the crowd standing in front sampling would be enough...

Looking for suggestions of what to do in 2017.

Edit: not sure why i left the chair out in the middle of the booth, but the chair is normally hidden from view on the side in case I ever had to sit down, and also provides shelter for my electronics and cooler.

Attachments

• IMG_0349.JPG
    IMG_0349.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0350.JPG
    IMG_0350.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0351.JPG
    IMG_0351.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0381.JPG
    IMG_0381.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0382.JPG
    IMG_0382.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0383.JPG
    IMG_0383.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0384.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 83
The white texas creek labels were the first labels we did after the salsa label, and incorporated the red and green chile pepper caricatures into the next 2 labels.  This was back around 2001.   From around 2006 on we went with the other style labels.

For the booth, it might be something as simple as putting bottle shaped outlines on the banners along with the dog logo and putting "Small Batch Artisan Sauces" (or whatever~~~) text instead of "handmade heat"....most people recognize the woozybottle shape and that brings food to the banner.

I think he was at a home improvement event/show.

AJ Drew said:
The Texas Creek labels have about the same general look.  Even the tin for the Pure Evil looks like it belongs in an old world deli.  Not sure about the white label, but everything else has that same genre.  I think it is all very attractive in this fast paced plastic world.
As a artisan sauce seller, you fall into a similar niche to the old world deli. You're quality handmade or at least small batch food that people will pay a bit extra for. Yes, there's the other niche of too extreme for mass market but you can't get by on that alone. If you plan to make it as a sauce seller, you have to be the gourmet side and looking the part will do you a world of good.
People, you and me included, appreciate that style because we recognise what it means and appreciate the flavour over commercialization attitude it represents.

Back