• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Recognize the chile pepper?

Does anyone recognize this chile pepper?
It was grown in New Zealand, is about 2 inches wide at the top and 1 inch at the base. The grower described it as "fiery hot."

chilpep.jpg

Thought you pros would know

Hey knml911, did you get this off a mate of yours who if from NZ?? I'm from NZ and the majority of people over here aren't into hot food, consequently it is very difficult to come across people growing crazy hot looking chili peppers such as the one in your pic. Interesting indeed!! Oh and by the way, I have absolutely no idea what variety that is!

I'll bite and state the obviously wrong one:

Tasmanian Habanero?

It does sorta look like a red squash, but I've not heard them described as 'fiery hot'

I am trying to find out and it is indeed from the website mentioned by our Head Pepper. Sorry if I let some of you on that I have seeds for this variety, I have no clue of what it is! So many varieties, my head is spinning with all of your discussions!

Anyway, if one of you find out what variety it is, please let us know!

I am not from NZ unfortunately. It's been two weeks that I am coping with sub-zero temperatures and my body is sooo tired. That's when I joined this forum so I can get some heat to survive the Canadian winter!

tomtomnz said:
Hey knml911, did you get this off a mate of yours who if from NZ?? I'm from NZ and the majority of people over here aren't into hot food, consequently it is very difficult to come across people growing crazy hot looking chili peppers such as the one in your pic. Interesting indeed!! Oh and by the way, I have absolutely no idea what variety that is!

Back