recommendation on ph tester?

Sorry I know this thread have come up many time , but I need ph tester from amazon.ca or ebay.ca or whatever store u find having them in canada. 

I've come to the level where I need to know the ph , to know that the sauce will be safe for my family and friends.

I do not want the cheapest nor the most expensive .Somewhere around 30$ 

Thank you very much :)!

You do realize that  a PH meter will require recalibration and QC testing?  Plus, they cost a good bit of money to get a reliable one.  Why not just buy some PH test strips?  A very inexpensive alernative. 

I have been measuring PH for over 20 years and these ones look pretty good to me.
http://www.amazon.ca/SEOH-pH-Fix-4-5-10-0-Analytical-Strips/dp/B0089NGV58/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1412102948&sr=8-25&keywords=ph+test+strips

The patented pH-Fix technology stands for a high quality, color-fixed pH test strip system. For many years chemists as well as inexperienced users have appreciated pH-Fix's optimal usability, reliability, and precision. The long handle prevents fingers from coming into contact with the sample. It adds handling convenience and increases safety of operation. This allows a high standard of \"workplace safety\" when testing aggressive solutions. To prevent bleeding, the pH-indicator is chemically bound to the cellulose fiber. Unlike classic pH papers, pH-Fix effectively protects the sample against contamination and enables measurements even in weakly buffered or strongly alkaline solutions. Four different color blocks for each pH-value (pH-Fix 0-14) ensure highly precise pH-determination and make the application rapid and reliable.

The pH meter I posted is easy to calibrate and it only costs about $50 

the 4.0 and 7.0 solutions used to calibrate cost about $7 a bottle and after 2 years mine are still 80% full. 

All told the accuracy, reliability and ease of use of the electronic pH tester are far better than test strips in my opinion. Plus dipping a test strip into a ramekin of thick sauce makes it quite difficult to read. 

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
The pH meter I posted is easy to calibrate and it only costs about $50 

the 4.0 and 7.0 solutions used to calibrate cost about $7 a bottle and after 2 years mine are still 80% full. 

All told the accuracy, reliability and ease of use of the electronic pH tester are far better than test strips in my opinion. Plus dipping a test strip into a ramekin of thick sauce makes it quite difficult to read. 
I have that exact one, calibrates perfect everytime, one single time it was .1 off

eh, if you google my name plus Ph, you will see that i have commented numerous times on the subject.

30 bucks for a meter tho... perhaps you could sell some lemonade or something.
you will need two buffers and misc things along with your meter. these will cost you like 20 bucks alone.

charlesquik said:
Sorry I know this thread have come up many time , but I need ph tester from amazon.ca or ebay.ca or whatever store u find having them in canada. 

I've come to the level where I need to know the ph , to know that the sauce will be safe for my family and friends.

I do not want the cheapest nor the most expensive .Somewhere around 30$ 

Thank you very much :)!

Yeah $30 is pretty much the cheapest. And strips are not really a great option for food safety in my opinion.

I use this guy at the moment, no complaints

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SGKE8W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You should remove a little test it and discard regardless of if you use strips or ph meter! This eliminates the possibilities of cross contamination.

I have use PH meter's for years in hydro I very rarely have had to recalibrate always store you meter in a cup of clean tap water ph probe down obviously this will extend the life of the probe to many many years.

If I'm looking to sell my sauces, can I rely on the pH reading using these meters or should I have it tested in a lab (receiving a report)?  My thinking is that I can use one of these methods while testing recipes and then send a sample off for lab testing.  Is that the best way?

Also, do we pH test while the sauce is hot or should I let it cool first?

Thanks

There is a lot to do to get a sauce off of the ground. It has to be process authority approved. Has to be prepared in the right environment ( I.e. not your home kitchen ). You have to have license to sell etc.

And for your pH... If you buy one that can read and test different temps while doing pH testing it can be either. Other wise it needs to be cool.

Check out this forums and read EVERYTHING.

Back