• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Recycled materials in gardening

ok so here are things that i've done/plan to do for my gardening. please let me know if any of you have other ideas:
1) kiddo's empty plastic milk powder containers (1kg) as plant containers (after cleaning and drying)
2) i got from store big rectangular cardboards (without any plastic/tape on it) and plan to use them as pot for growing pottatoes (1 season crop, as cardobard will eventually degrade)
3) i plan to use those big sqaure cardobard for making test raised bed with support from several tree branches all around the board.
4) i plan to use wooden drawer either for container/raised bed
5) tomattoes i bought are coming in 15-16 cm (wide) x 6 to 7 cm (depth) recycled plastic containers. I use them to grow some peas/lettuce
6) i germinate seeds in egg boxes (cardboard ones)
7) transparent drink bottles i use as mini greenhouses
8) paper coffee cups i use for germinating seeds/first level of growth for plants
9) the old bed base i have they seem like untreated, so either i will use them for short hight raised bed or make wooden compost bin
i get sometimes really greedy when i see someone is throwing some wooden stuffs/materials which i could use in my garden...hpefully i will never be called as junkyard gardener :D

recycled stuffs are easy to find... here a site:
http://www.freecycle.org/
" The Freecycle Networkâ„¢ is made up of 5,007 groups with 8,869,534 members around the world. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (and getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. "

Your cardboard and egg containers can also be thrown into a compost pile, when done using them

Greg

Back