• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Red carribean Hab x bell pepper?

It didn't happen to be a "winn dixie" did it? Because mine has never had anything but pablano, orange habanero, and jalapeno... The carribean mix was something new... the red was what caught my eye...

Trinidad congo peppers are much larger than regular habs. This is a couple of them I grew in '09 I think. Anyway the tomato isn't a huge one but it isn't tiny either.

IMG_4366.jpg

Patrick - what do you think it is then?

haha well it would have been cool if they were both from the same place.
I wonder if the source of commercial orange habs was hit by some natural disaster, that forced them to go another route?

They were all in the "orange habanero" bin at the local supermarket..the only time I've seen red habs/peppers there..the orange one is a bit darker than their usual habs

I've tasted the ones that are a darker orange that they sell here with the red ones. They taste radically different than a regular orange habanero. More like the red ones, but seemed between the two. I was eating regular habs, the red ones, and the darker orange ones to compare the tastes. Strange stuff. I liked eating the red ones raw. Very hot. Half of a red one got me in the stomach real bad last week.

I found what I believe to be a "Neon Yellow Habanero" at the same grocery store... I need to keep going back haha. I'll put up a picture later.

Back