for-sale Red Ghost Original Strain Plants for sale

Sawyer

Extreme Member
I have very many original strain red ghost plants and would like to find homes for a few. You can read about this particular strain below or in this post in my current grow log: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/67370-sawyer-18-back-from-the-void/?p=1536599

The plants are pretty small, but are growing fast in a soilless mix, and have well-developed root systems. This is what they looked like two or three days ago:
rwnrkl.jpg

28uoghl.jpg

The ones in the 3.5" square pots were potted up last Sunday for a local retailer, but the pot size may give you a better idea of their size. The other shot gives an idea of how many. (I have another flat with a few hundred more.)

This is what the flat looks like today:
6eqel4.jpg

As I discuss in my glog, the seeds these plants are grown from are quite old.  They are at most two or three generations removed from the original introduction to the U.S. of the red ghost by CPI.  The seeds have been in cold storage for more than a decade.  As you can see, they still produce healthy seedlings.  The seeds were harvested from two plants that were the only pepper plants I grew that year and the nearest neighbors are a hundred yards or more away, so the seeds are well-isolated (if not perfectly). 

I looked back through my previous years' glogs and found these pictures of the peppers that grow from these seeds. 
aeu154.jpg

2wq6gig.jpg

65c2kn.jpg

15579dg.jpg

The plants this post is about are grown from the exact same stock of seeds.  

Plants will ship unpotted in a SFRB with the roots secured in a plastic bag with damp soilless mix and stems and leaves swaddled in newsprint.  I had begun hardening them off outside, but we've had a return of cold weather, so they are back inside under lights on a heater mat. You'll need to pot them up as soon as you receive them, give them two or three days in warm conditions in moderate light, and then gently acclimate them to your final growing conditions as per your normal procedure.

If you can use such small plants, here's the deal. Pay postage of $7.20 for a SFRB and a $5 handling fee, and I'll pack as many plants as you want (or will fit in a SFRB) for $1 each. Buy ten or more and I'll drop the handling fee. 

I guarantee these plants and will replace at least once any that don't thrive (even due to neglect or misadventure), as long as you cover the shipping and a little handling for the replacements. If this interests you, send a pm and I'll provide paypal payment information.

I can ship as soon as our present threat of freezing temperatures is past or at a later time according to your wishes.  Offer valid while supplies last and within the U.S. only. Offer void where prohibited by law.

I have loads of this original stock still. Even as old as they are, I'm still getting between 60% and 70% germination.

Will definitely be producing more seeds this year, but will have to bag limbs or cage plants to ensure isolation.

Sawyer said:
I have loads of this original stock still. Even as old as they are, I'm still getting between 60% and 70% germination.

Will definitely be producing more seeds this year, but will have to bag limbs or cage plants to ensure isolation.
Ok. It would be for my plant business so I would be looking for bulk quantities. Would even be willing to pay by weight so you don't have to count them.

Just for the sake of completeness, I guess, here's a picture of what the seeds look like:
1zbffxv.jpg

Been potting up a few here and there. Will post a picture soon.

Seeds are going out in today's mail. It's gotten down to the mid 20s the last couple of nights and only up into 40s in the daytime, so that's put a hold on prepping the plants for shipping. Today should touch 60 and tomorrow should be perfect, so I can at least get the plants ready. Shipping will depend on the forecast here and twixt here and destination.

Deano5x said:
Well I got my box today as promised, thanks again Sawyer !
Now to find out these abbreviations lol and eat my fudge !!!
fd564e9695fcf915aae8a9e9d3460904.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome. Looks like they made it in pretty good shape. Abbreviations:

PL → PepperLover
MS → Moruga Scorpion
7P → 7Pod
PD → Papa Dreadie
SB → Scotch Bonnet
BJ → Bhut Jolokia
PDN → Pimenta de Neyde
BMJ → Bonda Ma Jacques

laynlow said:
The fudge on it's own is worth the money!  Thanks again!!  All plant arrived safely and fast too!!
Hah! Glad you like it. And glad to hear the plants arrived okay.

I got a bunch of the plants a week or so ago. He sent me 12 extras and 1 has died. The others are perfect looking and are getting bigger already. Oh yea, the fudge. Everyone at hot pepper night loved the fudge. People are asking about buying some. To anyone still thinking, great little plants, yet alone the superior genetics. Tom

cycadjungle said:
I got a bunch of the plants a week or so ago. He sent me 12 extras and 1 has died. The others are perfect looking and are getting bigger already. Oh yea, the fudge. Everyone at hot pepper night loved the fudge. People are asking about buying some. To anyone still thinking, great little plants, yet alone the superior genetics. Tom
Thanks for the feedback, Tom. Glad the plants are doing well and that the fudge was a hit.

I do still have plenty of plants available. My first (ultra dense) planting got the hell beat out of it by an unexpected downpour one day while I was away for the afternoon, and subsequently almost drowned. Pot ups I tried in that weakened state didn't do too well, but the rest are recovering now and appear to be more or less back to normal, if somewhat developmentally delayed.

I have two other plantings of the OS ghosts going, the latest of which are just starting their second set of true leaves. I plan to sow one last batch of 1,000 today, mostly for my own use, but will sell to any latecomers who want them. Even I'll admit this is too late for you more northerly folks, unless you plan to over-winter. But for anyone in more southerly zones, there's still time.

I also have stock beyond my own needs of many other varieties. I don't have a good list just yet, but if there's something you're looking for, just PM me. I'll try to get a list up here or in my glog soon. Depending on the variety, size of the plants and how many I have, I might ask $2/plants.

Orders for at least $10 get a free sample of the hot pepper fudge, while supplies last.

Just last week I received approval from the State Health Department to start producing the fudge for commercial sales. This week I'm working with the commercial kitchen manager to transfer the process. Will post an ad for pre-ordering soon. But while existing supplies last, get a sample here. Current supplies are made in accordance with State cottage industry rules and won't have the finalized label.

Sawyer said:
Awesome. Looks like they made it in pretty good shape. Abbreviations:

PL → PepperLover
MS → Moruga Scorpion
7P → 7Pod
PD → Papa Dreadie
SB → Scotch Bonnet
BJ → Bhut Jolokia
PDN → Pimenta de Neyde
BMJ → Bonda Ma Jacques
I like how you package your peppers! Got my box intact with no troubles and although the plants needed some loving thays just fine the main thing I was worried about was the trek/journey for such small plants!

I'm gonna update my GLOG here in a bit and I got the words written on my phone and saved, just gotta snap all the photos but I think even u will be impressed with how all the stuff I got from you is doing! Sulu adana, PL reaper, Bahamian Goat, PDN BMJ, and there may be one more I got from you (can't remember, have so many plants!).
Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Back