• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Red/Orange Baccatum ?

I planted what I though was a Aji Pineapple or lemon but it turned out this pepper. The thing is last year I never had any pepper resembling this one, only pineapples and lemons. Could this of been crossed from the source ? This one was really hot with more of a chinense flavor like a hab, nothing fruity or sweet like I had expected. Any ideas ?

Attachments

• red.JPG
    red.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 72
  • red flower.jpg
    red flower.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 56
  • red plant.JPG
    red plant.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 57
The aji pineapple/lemon and aji cito flowers on the plants I've grown look exactly like the Baccatum picture that Runescape posted. Maybe that is a cross that you have there. Do the pods initially point up as they grow, then droop down as the get larger, or do they hang down from the time of flower pollination to ripe pod?

Thegreenchilemonster said:
The aji pineapple/lemon and aji cito flowers on the plants I've grown look exactly like the Baccatum picture that Runescape posted. Maybe that is a cross that you have there. Do the pods initially point up as they grow, then droop down as the get larger, or do they hang down from the time of flower pollination to ripe pod?
they hang down

The reason I asked is because the Aji Pinneapple/lemon and Cito that I have grown all point relatively upwards once the flower is pollinated and begins to form a pod. Once the pods get larger they eventually hang downwards.

hot stuff said:
parent plant must be from seeds that crossed with something else because that is not a bacattum flower.
any ideas what kind of pepper it might be ?

here is another pepper I just picked and cut open. It tastes almost as hot as a orange hab with a similar flavor.

Attachments

• pepper.jpg
    pepper.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 59
  • pepper1.jpg
    pepper1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 56
  • pepper3.jpg
    pepper3.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 58
Well if it's a cross it's its own thing. It looks like single node pods so I don't think it crossed with a Chinese. I can only guess that it is either a pineapple or lemon that crossed
with an annuum.

hot stuff said:
Well if it's a cross it's its own thing. It looks like single node pods so I don't think it crossed with a Chinese. I can only guess that it is either a pineapple or lemon that crossed
with an annuum.
ok thanks. its thick walled, juicy and hot lol.

Back