• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Red Savina disapoinment!

Very interesting information!

Tabby Basco
I get that you have to go to a trusted reputable source. Ebay is not the place for some things, like chilie seeds. That seems fairly obvious.

But say you get some orange Hab seeds from a good source and they produce quality hot pods. Then you save the seeds and grow them again. And then again etc.. If you have taken care not to cross the plants wtih anything else will the quality of the pods you get each sesason slowly diminish?

I understand the concept of a limited gene pool, but I have never thought to apply it to chilie plants in this way. If the quality does diminish as I said above, can you then reintroduce new genes into your line to keep it strong. For example, after a few seasons you cross your original plants with another orange Hab you got from another source, one you know is far removed from your original seeds.

It's all very intriguing, I can't wait to experiment with crosses. It sounds a bit like playing god... an evil twisted god who is intent on burning people , hehehe :hell:

Back