• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Red Scotch Bonnet - Jamaica

This is a neat looking Red Scotch Bonnet. Lennyk, from Trinidad who hasn't posted lately, sent me seeds. He got them when on a trip to Jamaica. :) Nice sized pods. I'm looking forward to cracking it open.

Chris

P1070424.jpg

Just tried it. EXCELLENT flavor and respectable heat. A real winner IMO. Too bad, I only got one ripe pod so far on the plant..lol. The pod had few seeds in it. The interior of the pods is a bit unique.

Chris

cmpman1974 said:
Just tried it. EXCELLENT flavor and respectable heat. A real winner IMO. Too bad, I only got one ripe pod so far on the plant..lol. The pod had few seeds in it. The interior of the pods is a bit unique.

Chris

Can you post a pic of the inside of the pod?

Hey! How are you????

NO offense. It is just that the 2 scotch bonnet plants I have grown have had very different looking pods. Both have had very consistent pod shape with a much flatter pepper. I need to get a pic, but that looks more like a hab than a SB to me.

Am I off base?

All I know is what I have grown.

I am growing the same, only yellow, got seeds for the yellow and red variety and saved the red ones for next season. Got no ripe pods yet, though. Good to hear they are so good! Looks great. Seems you have used some of Potawie's pepper polish! :)

Back