• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

REDTAIL's 2013 GROW LOG

Time to get this party started!!!

2013-01-06_17-26-42_989.jpg

Here is an abbreviated list of this season (basically, whatever I can remember):

SUPERS
Jay's Bhut Scorpion (red)
Jay's Bhut Scorpion (peach)
Carolina Reaper
NMSU Bhut Jolokia
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
Peach Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia Assam 'Indian Carbon'
Yellow Bhut Jolokia
Moruga Scorpion
Yellow Moruga Scorpion
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T 'Mississippi Strain'
Chocolate Trinidad Scorpion
Yellow Trinidad Scorpion CARDI
7 Pot 'Rennie'
7 Pot 'Bubblegum'
7 Pot 'Brain Strain'
7 Pot 'Brain Strain' (yellow)
7 Pot 'Chaguanas' #2
7 Pot 'Douglah'
7 Pot 'Burgundy'
Sepia Serpent
Black Naga
Fatalii
Red Fatalii

MORE CHINENSE
Peach Habanero
Madam Jeanette
Congo Red
Habanero Francisca
Chocolate Habanero
Bahamian Goat
Mako akokosrade
Kpakpo shito
Foodarama Scotch Bonnet

BACCATUMS
Chapeau de Frade
Aji Amarillo
Aji Blanco Cristal
Aji Criolla Sella
Cluster Rod
Yellow Bouquet
Pimenta Trepadiera do Werner
Aji Norteno

PUBESCENS
Rocoto Rojo
Ultra Pube
Super Pube
Turbo Pube
Bolivian Rocoto
Incan Rocoto
Gondol
PI 614001
Aji Rocoto
Ecuadorian Red Pepper from Hell

WILDS
CAP 215
CAP 501
Texas chiltepin
Duke pequin
C. tovarii
C. lanceolatum
Aji Cereza
Impact F1

Annuums will be started in about a month.

BTW what happen to the cats?

Well, it wasn't anything by my doing (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Both my wife's kitties (I never claimed any ownership of them, the dog is mine) were with us since 1999. They lived a long and happy life with us. One passed from kidney failure and the other not long after...

***UPDATE: 1/17/2013***

SUCCESSFULLY GERMINATED VARIETIES:

Chocolate Trinidad Scorpion
Trinidad Butch T 'Mississippi Strain'
Yellow Trinidad Scorpion CARDI
Sepia Serpent
Carolina Reaper
Peach Bhut Scorpion
Red Bhut Scorpion
Black Naga
Yellow Moruga Scorpion
Red Moruga Scorpion
7 Pot Douglah
7 Pot Rennie
7 Pot Brain Strain
7 Pot Chaguanas
Red Bhut Jolokia
Peach Bhut Jolokia
Yellow Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon
Aji Cereza
Texas Chiltepin
Peach Habanero
Madame Jeanette
Ecuadorian Devil's Breath
Habanero Franciscas
Congo Red
Bahamian Goat
7 Pot Burgandy
Fatalii
Red Fatalii
Foodarama Scotch Bonnett
Ecuadorian Red Pepper from Hell
Bolivian Rocoto
Incan Rocoto
Aji Rocoto
Super Pube
CGN 19243 'Gondol'
PI 614001
Turbo Pube
Red Rocoto
Chapeau de Frade
Aji Blanco Cristal
Cluster Rod
Yellow Bouquet
Guarmal
Aji Colorado
El Oro de Ecuador

That's a lot of germination going on, well done. Did you grow the Texas Chiltepin last year too? Did you like it better than the Sonoran? I still really like that pepper...

That's a lot of germination going on, well done. Did you grow the Texas Chiltepin last year too? Did you like it better than the Sonoran? I still really like that pepper...

Didn't grow any of the Texan nor the Sonoran one's last season but I did grow Chile del Monte. Out of the three, the Texan is my favorite for flavor, heat and productivity!

Didn't grow any of the Texan nor the Sonoran one's last season but I did grow Chile del Monte. Out of the three, the Texan is my favorite for flavor, heat and productivity!

Hmm.. sounds very nice... are they consistent? I had some serious variation in the sonoran, at least as far as the taste is concerned, if I didn't get that one plant that was delicious I would not have enjoyed it as much. I overwintered and grew seed from that particular plant this year...

That IS a lot of germination. :party:

I think it was you who sent me the Texas Chiltepin a couple years ago, Dan. Finally got around to getting one going this season. :D Got a couple pods on it but it is still a very small plant though. I have to find a spot for it in the ground somewhere so it will hopefully really have a chance to do it's thang!

Yeah, that was probably me Gassy. They are fairly compact plants with a sprawling growth habit. When they start producing . . . . . . .WATCH OUT!

Hmm.. sounds very nice... are they consistent? I had some serious variation in the sonoran, at least as far as the taste is concerned, if I didn't get that one plant that was delicious I would not have enjoyed it as much. I overwintered and grew seed from that particular plant this year...

From what I recall, most of the pods tasted basically the same and all had that wonderful "kick you in the balls quick" heat. I don't remember there being much of a taste variability in the Sonoran variety. Odd...

From what I recall, most of the pods tasted basically the same and all had that wonderful "kick you in the balls quick" heat. I don't remember there being much of a taste variability in the Sonoran variety. Odd...

I only had two plants, so I can't offer much explanation either, the main difference was that one was grown in the ground and the other in a pot...

Back